Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Baby Watch!

My 34 week appointment was this morning. I just got home. Things are still pretty normal, with a couple minor exceptions. The abnormalities are that I'm not swelling, I'm measuring small and that I'm not gaining weight. Doesn't sound so bad to me! The non-swelling is a good thing all around, but the lack of weight gain, while fabulous in my eyes, is not so fabulous to an OB. Sooooooooo the next time I go in, in 2 weeks, I get to have an ultrasound. I'm going to be 36 weeks, so this will be a good start to all the fun. I'm sure that he's just covering his tracks so that he's not at fault in any way. He said that lack of weight gain often indicates that the baby will be small (again, is this a bad thing?) so he wants to check the size as well as the fluids and placenta and everything. I'm really not concerned, especially after all the ultrasounds I had with Lizzy, but I always like to see the baby so I will gladly accept. He said that if I don't catch up with all my measurements, they may need to do some monitoring of little Charlie until he's born, but as I mentioned, I like monitoring. At least I get to know what's going on. So there you have it. Other than that, things are normal for me. As I've been discussing with friends, the last part your pregnancy seems like it should all be downhill, but it's really an uphill battle. I'm almost there though, just a few more weeks until once again, my life will never be the same.

4 comments:

Emily Call said...

I can't believe you only have a few more weeks to go! I wish my doctor would have told me that I was not gaining weight. I gained a good 11 lbs. in one month and the nurse said, "wow, you've had a big month, haven't you?" That sure made me feel so great! ;)

Nikkie said...

Kelsie got be induced 2 weeks early because I wasn't gaining weight-definitely not a bad thing when you reach that point!

Kriss said...

I know you are fine. I wish I hadn't gained weight at the end, but I was the opposite-HUGE!

Jana Sohm said...

We can't wait for little Charlie to get here! You are right about life not ever being the same again. Enjoy two while you can!