Thursday, July 7, 2011

Creating Life... and then eating it. Part Three

Sooo, I just got back from a nice 5 days in Summit, where we celebrated the 4th of July and I DO have photos and appropriate documentation of our vacation, but I have to gather it all together, which takes energy. Since I'm suffering from the lack thereof this afternoon, I thought I'd share photos of what happened to my garden while I was gone.




I was totally, completely certain that I'd come home to find the whole thing shriveled up into oblivion, I even called a friend late one night and begged her to go give them some extra water (and a great job she did) so you can imagine my astonishment when I actually came back to a jungle.


Not to toot my own horn or anything, but I will now proceed to toot my own horn.


I've got all different kinds of peppers and tomatoes, squashes, tomatillos, herbs, carrots, peas, beans, cucumbers and corn and other stuff too, all shoved into my last minute decision garden beds. I'm feeling pretty good about my garden considering that I've never managed to produce a one that provided me with more than a weird looking tomato and a handful of green beans


I also ended up being able to start quite a few of my plants from seeds. You have my permission to be impressed.


This garden has been my sanity this summer. I'm not kidding. I might be a lunatic at this point if I didn't have my garden to keep me grounded. I spend/waste a lot of time just sitting out there and playing in the dirt, but I figure that God intended it to be that way, so I'm excused, right?



p.s. somehow, i thought it wise to buy three banana pepper plants which are actually producing banana peppers. problem is that i have no idea what one actually does with a banana pepper. anyone? anyone?

5 comments:

Svenhardicus said...

Thanks to Josh and Cherylyn for keeping it well watered during our Summit sabbatical.

Kriss said...

What the heck is a banana pepper?

Cameron said...

Ummm..Salsa. Duh.

Lynda/Mom said...

Amazing! Your stuff looks much better than mine. All this rain is helpful for sure. Am looking forward to seeing it in person.

weese said...

banana peppers are delicious sliced on cheese pizza:)