Thursday, April 15, 2010

Do you see what I see?


This photo was taken while I was cleaning the kitchen. If I say that I was half way through, will you excuse all the clutter?

Thank you.

So, do you see it?

No. You don't.
Trick question.
You've gotta watch out for me. I'm tricky like that.

See, here's the deal. There are currently six children at my home. Six. And not a one of them is in that photo because not a one of them is in the process of destroying my house.

Spring is a thing of beauty. And even though Spring is a totally hit and miss season in Utah, I'll take what I can get. Today is nothing short of spectacular and all the kids have retreated outside to reconnect with nature.


There's one.


And another... and another...


And.. what the? Oh goodness.


They're all in there somewhere. Climbing garden fences, roasting rollie pollies in the sun, picking the buds off of my flowers to give to their moms (who can say no?), roughing up the soles of their feet, getting used to the feeling of a scorching slide disappearing behind them, drinking hot lemonade that they left in the sun, letting their freckles free... it's a fabulous time of year for us all.

With one exception.


This little allergy ridden beauty has mixed feelings about Spring.

Poor sleepy baby.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Spring is a beautiful thing--except for those with allergies. So sorry for Lizzy--I hope she is soon able to join the others outside in the fun.

MaryAnn said...

Poor Lizzy - hopefully the allergies pass soon. The warm weather looks wonderful!