Thursday, April 8, 2010

Hey Baylie! Ya, you! I'm posting on my blog!

When I was at our young women's meeting last night, one of the mia maids (i'll let you deduce which one) pointed out to me that I hadn't posted in forever. It seems as though I require chastisement to post on my blog these days.


ANYWAY, I totally have an excuse. Two of them. Not only have I been too lazy to take the dead battery out of my camera to charge it, I've also been working hard on making adorable little hair clips for adorable little children. I signed up for 2 big shows that are both taking place the last weekend in April and since I am a top rate procrastinator/freaker-outer, I started working on them last weekend. Since then, I've been making hair clips, thinking about hair clips, complaining about hair clips, finding color inspiration for hair clips, worrying about hair clips, hurting from sitting in my chair for hours as I make hair clips, and dreaming about hair clips. My view has looked (and will continue to look) like this:


Lucky for me, I actually have something to blog about today. Hooray! It's a really good thing to blog about too.

Are you ready?

Are you?

Are you?

Ok, here it is.

My powder room is finished. And it is a thing of beauty. And I am now prepared to show you about 27 pictures of a 27 square foot 2 piece bathroom.

But first, we MUST have the "BEFORE" photo.


My problem? Well... I have a lot of them.

My problem with the bathroom? Simple. I didn't like it. I could go into why, but I can't imagine why you'd care.


This is my new downstairs bathroom. (sigh of relief) It's taken like two months to get it finished, which is pretty much entirely my fault since I insisted on the tile and the wallpaper which really slowed us down.

The wallpaper was on backorder and took a month to get here. Then I tried to hang it myself, which didn't work out too well. THEN my mom came over to give me a tutorial (thank goodness that she decided to wallpaper our entire house from floor to ceiling in the 80s). THEN I ran out of wallpaper and had to order more. It was a long process.


This is picture of the mirror that we got for free because Jaime brought it home for me from a job he was working on. Total score. Nice job, Jaime. It was pretty beat up and had seen some water damage, but it wasn't anything that a couple bottles of craft paint and my very talented sister couldn't handle.


Never underestimate the power of craft paint in the hands of a skilled artist.


This is picture of our $23 sink. Seriously. $23. I was going to buy one that I absolutely loved for $700 and then we found the sink basin on clearance at Home Depot for $3 and I came to my senses. Thank goodness I've got those senses. The pedestal was $20 at full price. Hooray for cheap sinks!

BTW, Brent HAD to hang the medicine cabinet on the opposite wall over the toilet (not pictured:) i didn't think you'd mind if i left that part out) because he loves the infinite effect of two mirrors across from each other. He's funny.


This is a picture of my mini chandelier. I hung all those little crystals by hand last night and it was totally worth it. I've got big plans for several chandeliers in my house. I love chandeliers.

If you CAN hang a chandelier, why wouldn't you?
I don't know.
Because I would.

Also, I'd like you to notice the crown molding. That was Brent's call. Good call, Brent.


I literally just had these pictures kicking around the house. I've been back and forth on using them in there because I was afraid they fit almost too perfectly. Notice that one of the photos is of the same flowers that are on the wallpaper. Now that they are up, it has been decided that they are just the right amount of perfect.

We have plans to sand down the hardwoods that run through our main floor and re-stain them to match the ones in the bathroom. They make me happy. Nay, giddy.

I can't actually believe that my house houses such a lovely powder room. And it is officially open for business.

You are all invited to come use my bathroom.

12 comments:

Danielle said...

When I first started reading, I looked at John and mocked you for calling it a powder room. Then, when I got to the pictures, I looked at John and told him that I HAVE to have a powder room. The wall paper is absolutely divine! I am sorry I mocked you, when I have a house to put a powder room in you must help me pick out wall paper!

Laura Stringham said...

Wait. Is "powder room" not what they are supposed to be called? I've always called them that. Now I feel a little silly. Your apologies are useless on me, the damage has been done. :)

p.s. wallpaper is SO back and better than ever. i'm totally obsessed with it.

Katie said...

Is it just back, or is it 80's back? Because I want that exact print. Every room. Floor to ceiling.

Lynda/Mom said...

Over the top, and I can hardly wait to see it in person!

Allison and Nathan said...

Ok - I'm coming over to use it soon. Don't worry...just number #1.

Baylie Benson said...

this is a fantastic post and you now have a free chastisment card on your hands for me :) lol thanks for posting! and if you ever need any help doing hair clips or need a babysitter while youre doing it, give me a call!!!

Leslie said...

Very nice. My powder room is clearly inferior. And that mirror looks mighty fine, if I may say so myself.

Holly said...

LOVE your new bathroom. The wallpaper is fantastic. This is the wallpaper I want for Ella's room, but It's in Germany & unfordable: http://www.tapetenagentur.de/mb_ta/shop/shop.do_MOD_REWRITE_command/go/tapetedetail/3804 :(
Where did you get your wallpaper?

Kriss said...

Okay, we'll be over.

Emily Call said...

Just when I was trying to get over the jealousy I had for your kitchen and laundry room you had to go and do this? I am dying right now. I think I am in love!!!

Brooke and Dustin Jackson said...

i feel like i can't even be your friend any more.

this is so damn cute, it hurts me.

all over.


LOVES IT!

Grammyzanne said...

VERY VERY NICE! The wait was worth it. Your powder room is lovely.