Saturday, August 8, 2009

Up, up and away...

Tonight, after missing parts 1 and 2 of the Sandy City Balloon Festival, we made it to the finale. Leslie and Cameron joined us for the evening of fun. Observe...




Notice the coats on everyone? Ya, it was downright chilly. We've been loving the last couple of days.

Most of the time we spent there was taken up by waiting for the balloons to be filled, thinking about walking to Target to buy a blanket, being tackled by small children, talking about walking to Target to buy a blanket, taking photos and trying to explain to the kids that balloons would come, some day. I had so much fun.



Ben's funny. He plays favorites a lot, but his favorites can change not only by the day, but by the hour. Tonight, I was his favorite.



I love how brown my eyes look in this photo, and that Charlie and I are twinners and that Charlie is my baby boy (not yours) and that I'm always his favorite.



Token photo of Leslie and Cam (and Davie in the distance) I believe they were laughing at their firstborn who was dancing in the street.



I cut Lizzy's hair last week. This morning it looked like this:



but that's the problem with the toddler bob. It's either super cute or super snarly.



These two make me smile so much. Can you blame me?





I don't know what settings I had my camera on, but it was taking some funky pictures. (i kinda like them that way. it makes me feel artsy) This one is my favorite. I swear this is exactly how it came out of my camera.

And the moment you've all been waiting for (drum roll)



The rise of the balloons.



And then, in a very anticlimactic way, we went home.

4 comments:

Emily Call said...

I wanted to go to that, but Justin and I were out celebrating our anniversary and I couldn't talk him into going. How fun. I heard you saw Holly there.

Grammyzanne said...

I can hear it now - "Remember that year at the Sandy Balloon Festival that it was so cold we wore jackets in August?" Fun mmemory.

Kriss said...

The kids and I were there too. We waited and waited for the dang balloons to go up and finally got bored and went home at 9:45. When did they finally fly away? Too bad we didn't see you guys!

Jana Sohm said...

Too bad you guys didn't get more time w/ the balloons. Next time you need to come in the morning with us. My kids LOVED it!