Sunday, March 21, 2010

Once upon a time, I blogged

I also took pictures and then I patted myself on the back for being such a fantastic documentor (?)

documentator(?)
documentarian(?)
person who documents things about my childrens' lives.

I took these photos once upon that time to post for my mom because she hadn't been up to see the kids in several weeks. Now that my mom is here and currently enjoying her beloved grandchildren, it sounded like a good time to get around to posting them. I'm ironic like that.

I really have nothing interesting to report or groundbreaking to say. All I got are pictures of cute kids. I love cute kids... most of the time, but I love my nephew, Davie, all of the time. He's so sweet and cute a cuddly and smiley...


Hi Davie!


My family is kind of obsessed with Davie. Charlie is particularly taken with him, I'll have to get a video of an interaction to post. I think that Davie is the only person in the world that Charlie loves more than himself.


He might be in danger of being loved to death.


And... Ben, Mr. Potato Head Constructor Extraordinaire.

Jane is currently anti-Ben. It sounds mean, but it's really funny. She's always upset when he comes over (which is a lot) because he bullies her around. Seriously, hilarious.

Ben is literally half her age and half her size and yet she allows him to chase her around the house roaring at her like a dinosaur. She climbs up onto to tables and countertops to get away from him, crying. She's a little dramatic. He'll, like, hit her with something and then she'll come to me crying and every single time I say "Jane! You are seriously twice as big as him. Just TAKE IT AWAY." and she always looks at me like I'm a freaking genius and the thought had never occurred to her, even though I said yesterday, and the day before that and the day before that.

Personally, I'm not anti-Ben. I still love you Ben! And I love that you love Mr. Potato so much!


Me: "Ben, say Mr. Potato."
Ben" "mr. popato."
Me: "No, Ben. Po-TA-to."
Ben: "po-PA-to"
Me: "Po-TA-to. If you can say 'popato' you can say 'potato'."
Ben: "No, Ra-ra. I can't say it. I can't say 'po-pa-to'. I just say 'po-pa-to'."

BTW, Ben turned 3 yesterday. He and Charlie currently wear the same sized clothes. They also look a lot alike. It's getting slightly confusing, particularly when they are dressed identically. (it happens more often than i'd like to admit.) I didn't take any pictures of Charlie that day. He was probably busy clogging the toilet upstairs with a jar of mentholatum at the time, but here's a token photo of him for good measure.


And with that, I'm going to bed. To bed I said!

4 comments:

Kriss said...

I love your writing! You make me laugh so hard!!!

Lynda/Mom said...

Adorable--cuter in person, but still adorable,

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

I have the same conversation with Hannah about Aubrey bullying her, but without saying she's "twice" her size, as she isn't. She is just "bigger" and can take it back...whatever the it is that Aubrey took from Hannah. I wonder sometimes what I am teaching Hannah about being bigger and what that entitles one to do, but alas, I still carry on.

Leslie said...

I've been trying to convince Ben that roaring and people is not the best way to make friends. And, it's seriously darling how much Charlie loves Davie. I wish Ben were half as loving toward Davie as Charlie is.