Wednesday, March 24, 2010

What can YOUR kids accomplish in 5 minutes?

Wanna see what MY kids can do?


Exhibit A:

I just needed 5 minutes the other morning. Seriously, like 5 minutes to throw on some makeup so that I didn't look like I was dying. (do yourselves a favor and never stop by before i've put some makeup on. it isn't pretty. i believe i've scared neighbors in the grocery store.)


And I come downstairs to this. I was SOOOOOOO Happy!


Do you see the lid securely attached to the "flour" container. I was thanking my lucky stars that it was the rice and NOT the flour that morning.


The adorable little culprit. I caught him red handed. Not that he would have tried to deny anything, he was so pleased with himself.

Exhibit B:

And then this afternoon, I broke out the vacuum for the first time in a month and the children retreated to higher ground.

It got quiet up there. Too quiet...


Oh good gracious.


If I were totally, completely irresponsible, you could almost believe that I tattooed sleeves onto my baby.


No shame. No remorse.
I'd like to point out that she avoided her clothes completely. Ironically, the markers are washable... which is a good thing since I can't actually use soap on her skin. Eczema sucks.

Impressive, eh?

What have your kids accomplished in your 5 minutes of peace and quiet?

5 comments:

Kriss said...

Oh, that's awful! It reminds me when Jane and Abbie dumped baby powder in your basement. I bet the people that moved in are still finding that stuff!

Lynda/Mom said...

What day did this happen? I love how you photo document your children in the act. And they appear to love to pose covered by the evidence.

Laura Stringham said...

The rice was a couple of weeks ago. It was pre-child-locks-on-the-drawers.
the markers? that was earlier today.

Emily Call said...

Oh, we so have moments like this at our house. Did I tell you about the time when Mayci consumed a whole tube of toothpaste and while I was on the phone with poison control Caitlin ordered an $8 movie On Demand and Mayci dumped water all over the kitchen... ya, nice.

Jana Sohm said...

Too funny. Gotta love being a mom!