Friday, November 5, 2010

capturing the memories

Leslie and Cameron brought dinner over to my house this evening. I like it when she does that. We kinda switch off a lot on dinners. Last night, I made dinner, tonight was her turn. It's a good system, we should all be so lucky.


Anyway, as I mentioned before, it was Leslie's turn to make dinner tonight and I took her responsibility very seriously, so I stayed outside with the kids and took pictures of them in our back yard while she cooked alone in my kitchen. She kept harassing me to come in and pull my weight and I was working hard on ignoring her.

Sometimes, you just have to ignore people because otherwise, you loose opportunities like the one I had tonight.


Our kids (and their friend from across the street) were experiencing the glee of jumping in an enormous pile of leaves on a warm, delightful fall day.


And Buster was happy to join them, although I'm not entirely certain how he saw them.


And Lizzy was charming and adorable, as always.


And Jane loved every moment of it.


And I would guess that she's probably got leaves in her underwear.


And her hair. And her ears.


And Davie was about the cutest thing I've ever seen.


Holy cow, that child kills me. He spent most of the evening trying very hard to fall into a ginormous pit that will soon house our trampoline, but he looked darling the entire time.


How did I only get one photo of my Benny Boo? At least it was a good one.

So you see, it was a good thing that I ignored Leslie, and instead made Cameron go down into my cold storage to look for a box of Jiffy Mix Corn Bread, because if I had been inside making Jiffy Mix Corn Bread muffins, who would have been there to capture the memories?




3 comments:

Lynda/Mom said...

Ah, wish I had been there to enjoy it with you. Cute, cute kids, and puppy. Love it.

Grammyzanne said...

What fun!

Leslie said...

You're clearly better at capturing (and documenting) memories than I am, so it's just as well that I made dinner.