Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Slow and Steady

I haven't lifted a finger to work on hair clips since last fall.

Literally.
I haven't even cleaned up my desk.
It's be trashed for several months now.
But when the Bijou Market had open applications for their show this spring, I couldn't pass it up. It's a show down in Provo and although I've hadn't ever felt up to trucking all my shtuff down there for a show I'm making an exception. Bijou Market has a fantastic reputation and I'm very excited to have been selected as a vendor. So the dry spell is over. I've been trying to work with my felt for just a couple hours each night after my kidlets are sleeping so as to prevent my regular nervous breakdown the week of the show.

Here are a couple pictures of what I've been working on so far....


These are cute little hydrangea-y flowers. Aren't they cute? They're cute, right? If not, tell me now because they aren't particularly easy to put together. They look better when they are all packaged up and out from under the painful glare of my desk lighting.


See? Mo betta.


I'm also a big fan of these poppy-type-deals. I love grouping them together for headbands and clips.


Like so.

I'll probably feel compelled to keep you all posted on my hair clip making progress, so you've got that to look forward to for the next month. And I've got many, many evenings of felt stitching in front of trashy TV to look forward to.

7 comments:

Kathy said...

They are gorgeous! I love them!

Grammyzanne said...

Kathy took the words right out of my mouth. They look like great sellers.

Kriss said...

Yea for hair clips! Double yea for trashy tv! BTW, how do you feel about "Teen Mom"? I'm obsessed.

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

Your skills are amazing...I really like the poppies, but both are super cute and I think I might need to buy some.

MaryAnn said...

Oh trashy tv - I don't know you Kriss, but I have to chime in and say that I am also obsessed with "Teen Mom." Laura - love the clips. I might send some of my Utah fam to buy some for me at your event.

Lynda/Mom said...

Your new line of clips is as fresh and creative as one might expect. They should surely sell this spring.

Kilee said...

Hey! I hope you don't mind, I came across your blog randomly:) I was wondering where you got your die cut for the small four petaled flowers? And if it would be compatible for the cuttlebug? They are the perfect size for a frame I'm making....I've seriously looked everywhere! Btw, your stuff is darling!!