Thursday, March 31, 2011

My favorite children in the ENTIRE world playing on what is LITERALLY the biggest pile of dirt that has ever sat in my driveway...

... on what is SINCERELY the most beautiful day that we have seen all year only to be followed by another AMAZING day tomorrow.




Anyone enjoy Thursday night TV as much as I do? Anyone think that Rob Lowe and Alec Baldwin are currently contributing more to society now than they ever have before? Yaaaaa.

Issue one! (speaking of TV... did anyone else's parents make them watch the McLaughlin Group every Saturday evening for their entire childhood? No? Yaaaaaa.) So, we have a big pile of dirt in our driveway. Fourteen cubic yards of dirt, if you want to be specific AND believe the man that dropped said dirt in my driveway this morning. We have a gaping pit in the back corner of our yard that needs to be filled with something other than children who have slipped and fallen and stray soccer balls that the children were chasing. That's where all the dirt comes in.


Issue two! It was nice out today. In the 60s. It was sort of snowing on Monday during Jane's first soccer game and now, 3 days later, my children are playing in a ginormous pile of dirt in sun dresses and without shoes. Gotta love Utah.


Issue three! It's the first day since last year that has been reasonably warm and Charlie has already decided that shirts and shoes are optional. I find this to be equal parts amusing and adorable, although I'm not sure why. When I was growing up, there was a family that lived behind and kiddie corner to us. They had almost all boys and their boys never seemed to wear shirts in this summer. Even as a youth, it bothered me. Enough to remember how much I disliked it all these years later. But for some reason, it's forgivable on Charlie.


Issue four! Can you say bath time?

2 comments:

Sandy Brunson said...

I love me some Parks and Recreation! And your kids are adorable. Good luck with the pit and the bath time!

Lynda/Mom said...

The kids got their money's worth out of that pile! I'm happy to Lizzy looking so good and happy with the crowd.