Friday, May 20, 2011

Orange Tie Guy

It's been at least the better part of a year since Brent and I were able to convince our small son to wear a tie to church. I've tried every week to get him to wear one. Ok, I've tried a lot of weeks. After a while, ones gets tired of getting hit and spat upon as various ties are flung at one's head.


I don't know why it's a battle that I picked.
Maybe I just like ties.

Anyway, for some reason unbeknownest to me, last Sunday, Charlie made up his mind that he was going to wear his orange tie to church. We hadn't really planned on it, so he wasn't really wearing a shirt that facilitated tie wearing, but that wasn't really going to stop him.

I broke out my phone to snap a picture of him, but catching a picture of Charlie during what should be his nap time, isn't always easy.

Observe...


I'm a little tired and frustrated just looking at these pictures.


I gotta be honest with ya, it's been a while since I sat through a full block of meetings on a Sunday.


"what? huh? me? you talking about me, mom?"

Yes, Chas.


Come back. Please.

We've been spending a LOT of time in the car, with Charlie strapped into his car seat for time out when we should be in the process of being spiritually uplifted. But if we can get him to wear ties, he might at least look dapper whilst strapped into that car seat. Sigh.

3 comments:

Kriss said...

I'm with him, ties look so uncomfortable! Scotty is the opposite, he won't take his tie off ALL DAY!

weese said...

A kid in our primary wears a clip on tie on his sweater, so at least Charlie's is a button-up, right?

Cameron said...

I'm so on board with the car timeout thing. I've used it twice on Ben with great success! Thanks for the tip.