Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Arrrrrrrr Yarrrrrrrd!

I must admit that after spending several weeks with my yard looking like this....




I was sceptical that it would ever be any different. We had plenty of small children fall into those ditches. Lots of scraped knees. Lots of tears.

But oh me of little faith. Our families came through like champs only hours after this photo was taken and by the end of the day, we had grass. And shortly thereafter, we had a garden.


It's still in the new growth stages, so I hope that it will all fill in and be beautiful and lush.

Our grass is also still recovering a little from the shock of not being watered for several days. We were a little short in the sprinkler department. I tried to do it myself, but it was hard.


I've got all my veggies mixed in with my flowers, so we'll see how this goes. My mom gave me that nice tomato plant when it was just a wee lit'le thing and look how it is flourishing.

I counted today that I somehow ended up with 9 tomato plants, which is probably about 5 more than I need, but hey, I likes tomatoes.


Grow, green beans, grow! I have every intention of sauteing you in butter and garlic, but first, you must grow.

We have been finally appreciating the cooler weather and spending most of our waking hours outside. The yard is still a work in progress, of course. It's simple and largely lacking in vegetation, but we are very grateful for it.

1 comments:

Lynda/Mom said...

Amazing transformation. I'm anxious to come back and see it.