Monday, June 13, 2011

Soccer and Rainbows and Tears

Jane finished up her last soccer game of her first soccer season tonight. She really had fun this spring, but to be honest, I think we're all plenty ready to see the season come to an end. The girls have played in the rain and the wind and had games cancelled because of the snow. I didn't make it tonight because I'm at home nursing my poor, sick son, but Brent was so kind as to pass along this photo...



It seemed like such a bright, wonderful way to end the season.

Then Jane came home and dropped her newly acquired trophy which busted into 3 separate pieces. I'm sitting here laughing quietly to myself as I listen to her cries from upstairs. Even in the face of disaster, I can always appreciate a little well placed irony.

4 comments:

Sheri said...

Precisely why we were a basketball family. With the first kid we sat outside for soccer and football seasons in the cold, wind and rain. Finally we decided basketball is indoors, less than an hour, and you don't have to bring your own chair. Perfect for me!

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

I am glad Jeremiah has chosen Basketball as his sport, I was getting tired of the long outdoor baseball season and was happy to see this season go by without me there. (First baseball season in 6 years we haven't been out cheering on our son)

Grammyzanne said...

What a fantastic picture! Love the rainbow.
E6000 mends broken things and sometimes broken hearts.

Robinson Family said...

What a great picture. Isn't it fun to support them in things but so nice when it's done too. Enjoy your summer.