Monday, June 20, 2011

Potty Talk

Today, after right close to 7 years of changing diapers, we took our youngest child to buy his first pack of underpants. It's been a good, but long afternoon around here. Potty training is not for the faint of heart, but Charlie has done fairly well, all things considered. He's filled his tummy with soda and treats, he's filled his potty several times over and he's filled his sticker chart with gold stars.


I love watching my children grow up. I love the excitement they feel as they realize that they are actually competent, capable human beings. Look at his new found confidence!


I believe I can literally say that I've never seen this boy so excited in all his glorious 2 years and 9 months of life.


And the back, of course.



Let us all hope that his enthusiasm spills over into tomorrow because after 7 straight years, methinks we deserve a little break around here.

And wish me luck. I get the feeling that as my time spent changing diapers decreases, my time spent doing laundry will only increase. Deep breath.

5 comments:

Katie said...

We potty trained Cal a couple weeks ago, and I was happy to discover that every bit of effort and frustration is compensated by the site of spanking tight batman undies racing around the house. I think his poor butt is bruised because I can't stop pinching it.

Jason&Shannon said...

Being diaper free is not all it is cracked up to be. I am a little tired of having to use every public restroom in the near vacinity. Sometimes I long for the day when I could just put a diaper on them and change them when I got home. I do like his enthusiasm and wish you the best!

Grammyzanne said...

I hear you Shannon. I recognize every rest/potty stop on I - 10 between here and California. Though more diverse there are some familiar ones between here and Utah also.

Anonymous said...

love

Anonymous said...

love some video or pics of your daughter peeing