Thursday, December 11, 2008

Jane Stringham: Dancing Machine

Today was Jane's winter dance recital. Last year, the dance recitals were SUCH an ordeal and so expensive and on a Saturday and just an all around pain. She is taking dance with a couple of friends at a much more relaxed studio this year and their recital included a red, black or green outfit and me showing up the last 15 minutes of class. I didn't have to go anywhere special or buy a costume or watch 50 other classes dance when really all I want to see is my child. It was awesome.




I hope that Jane keeps taking ballet. Doesn't she just look like she should be a ballerina? We are hoping to take to her see her cousin perform in the Nutcracker next weekend. I think she'll love it.



And here are the dancing friends, Eva, Abby and Jane.

6 comments:

Emily Call said...

Wish I could have been there. I love to see little girls dance. I really need to get Cait back into dance.

Barbara said...

What a precious little dancer! She looks darling. Glad it wasn't so much of an ordeal!!

Lynda/Mom said...

What a bunch of cuties! I love this recital; so glad you found a more appropriate program for Jane.

Jenny R said...

So cute! I have been delaying signing Nina up for dance classes for the very reason of the hassles you mention. Maybe I can find a more relaxed school too! :)

Cheryl said...

I think the little skirt is worth the lessons! She is a doll!

Cameron said...

yeah, last year freaking sucked, we sat there forever and then she hardly even danced, mostly walked around the stage. Please reference post "Jane Stringham Dances for no man" for more info.