Friday, December 5, 2008

The Water Stand

Jane finally got a long overdue playdate with her friend, Caitlin. They don't live in our neighborhood and I'm a total bum about inviting friends over, so it was a big deal for Jane. They are really cute together and get along so well, these girls are little partners in crime :) They are almost exactly the same size, which is also cute to me and Caitlin actually put on all Jane's clothes yesterday to go play outside.

Anyway, yesterday they ran upstairs and told me about their plan to have "water stand."

"Water stand? What's a water stand?"

Apparently a water stand is "when they go outside with all their tables and stuff and they give water to people who need it and want to pay them for it... you know, like they do with lemonade."

I guess we didn't have any lemonade. When I went downstairs to see what all their "stuff" consisted of, I was so amused that I grabbed the camera to document it.





In preparation for the water stand, they basically climbed into the cabinets and unloaded every plate, cup and bowl they could find, as well as every piece of cutlery in the house. They bust me up. I made them put most everything back where it came from and sent them in the back yard with some paper cups and large cup of water, which seemed to satisfy them.

3 comments:

Lynda/Mom said...

The "Partners in Crime" are eating it up, but Lizzy looks a little apprehensive. I was telling Tyler about the "Water Stand" today and it cracked him up. The picture is adorable, as are the kids.

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

That is a funny one. I bet if it was warmer they could've made some money. Cute kids selling water, I would buy from them.

Emily Call said...

so funny! Thanks again for having Cait over. She had so much fun. Hopefully she wasn't too much trouble.