Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Love/Hate relationship

Lizzy and Ben have been together literally almost every day since Lizzy was born. For this reason, they love each other. They are always so excited to see each other and often, they like to give each other hugs and kisses and play nice. 'Lizzy' was one of Ben's first words, if not the first. Lizzy copies everything that Ben does, she's a bit of a sheep that way.



Unfortunately, they are both entering the terrible twos a little early. Most of the words we hear out of their mouths are "NO!" and "MINE!" I would say that about %75 of the time they are together, they are clutching the same toy and screaming at the top of their lungs. Leslie and I are fairly close to inseparable these days, which means that we have to endure a lot of screaming. For some reason, the farm animals were the big favorite today and were of varying degrees of desirability. 'Moo' was by far the favorite, followed by 'Neigh' and then Sheep. It was an intense toddler battle and since I tried really hard to get some footage of the carnage, I thought I'd share the wealth...

If you choose to watch this, I'd turn the volume way down.





Seriously, we listen to this for hours a day. I would say that this particular fight lasted for a good half an hour, probably longer. We just mostly laughed at them and I followed them around with the camera because some day, I want to show them how ridiculous they were.




I never want twins.

10 comments:

Danielle said...

I hope everyday with all of my heart that someday I will have twins. But this is a little scary.

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

Yeah, looks like fun. It seems you have a great attitude about it. Hannah and Katie were here watching the video and Hannah said "She cries like me." Yeah, I have heard that cry...luckily not as often as you endure it.

Lynda/Mom said...

Unreal! Adorable picture, tiring videos. It will all end some day. I hope twins maybe don't fight so much because they are so close, but I can't be sure. Good thing Ben & Lizzy are both adorable--it makes it more bearable.

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

Oh, and I love the "Jane Says" on the blog right now. It made me laugh...maybe I don't want to make your minestrone.

Grammyzanne said...

You are certainly taking Elder Wirthlin's last conference message to heart! It really is funny - if you are not living it.

Emily Call said...

Thanks again for having us over yesterday and for bringing Cait home. She had so much fun. Oh, and thanks for the binky clip... it is SO great.

MaryAnn said...

Looks like fun. I agree - twins would be the pits!

Leslie said...

Too bad I'm to the point where I can just tune this out. Kind of pathetic really.

aaron and allee said...

They make these things called sound canceling headphones. I wonder if they would work just being worn around the house all day rather than being plugged into a computer... =)

Sandy Brunson said...

I think my favorite part about that whole thing is you laughing while your daughter is so distraught! Funny!