Sunday, July 26, 2009

Tea for Ten

For Jane's birthday this year, we (and by "we" I mean "I") decided to throw a tea party. I got sick and tired of princess parties and Jane is always asking to have tea parties, so I thought it would be fun. It into a lot of work for me (if I was going to throw a tea party, I wanted to do it right). It kinda took over my life for a couple weeks which says a lot about how little I take on these days, and when I was feeling stressed, I got no sympathy from Brent.

"You know that you're doing this for yourself," he told me on Thursday. I couldn't even argue with him.

I don't know why I did it. Maybe just to say that I did. Maybe just so I could take photos and post them on my blog. Maybe so that I could have the photos to show her years from now when she's an ungrateful teenager claiming that I don't love her and that she was probably adopted anyway (don't tell me you never said that to your parents because i sure did). Maybe I just wanted to do something fun. Whatever, it hardly matters. This one is for my record book.



"Look at banner, Michael!" (if you get that, you might be my e-soul mate)

Yes, I made the banner. Yes, it was a royal pain. No, I will not be making them to sell (it wouldn't be worth it to you). But, yes, I'm glad that I have it now. I think it turned out super cute and will certainly be decorating our house on birthdays for years to come.



Do you like the invites? Do ya? Do ya? Do ya?

Ya, I made those too, but they wouldn't be half so cute if it weren't for Holly and her uber talented self. Visit My Cute Stamps to buy your own set of these tea party stamps (you know you want them) and you may as well just pick up one of everything while you're there. I'm thinking that Charlie is getting a circus birthday since I already bought these and I'm dying to use them.

So... on the menu:

apple Cider (for tea)
slushy punch
meatballs
pb&j sandwiches
tomato sandwiches
grapes & strawberries
apples & cheese
mini brownies
mini cupcakes
and of course, candy.








The girls mostly ate cupcakes for lunch. Oops. Maybe I should have held out with the sweets until the real lunch was consumed.



There were 10 girls in all that were there in their stinking adorable tea party dress ups. Good thing we have a long table.



For our activity, we colored and made paper fans. I guess Brent got hot.



And a group hug. Jane was thanking them for her gifts. She made out like a bandit, lucky girl.



We really did have a lot of fun. We're so happy that Jane has so many friends and that they could all come.

Now I need me a good long break from party planning. I've come to realize that it isn't something I do with any degree of finesse.

6 comments:

Barbara said...

I don't know what you consider finesse, but that party looks pretty finnessed to me!!! I'm really impressed, and wish I had been invited :) What fun!!!

brooke c jackson said...

so, SO darling!
janey looks so beautiful too..

happy 5th birthday Jane!

Kriss said...

Wow-good job! I think I'm awesome if I have a party at Boondocks or something, then someone else has to do the work. Remember when you used to NOT be crafty?

Leslie said...

Ugh. I'm exhausted just thinking about that. Good thing I have boys--no tea parties here.

Lynda/Mom said...

Wow!! What a party. I'm a little sorry I missed it, but the pictures are some consolation. I hope you can let this uber party stuff go a little or you'll wear yourself out. So glad Grandma Stringham was there to help, along Brent.

Emily Call said...

Everything is so stinkin' adorable. Can I hire you out for my girls' parties next year? ha ha.