Thursday, July 2, 2009

Things that I do

So, I've been made aware of the fact that I haven't been manning my blog very well lately. I've just had a blogger's block, I suppose. Days go by and I can't think of anything that's happened that is blog worthy. It's actually a little disappointing since I know that it has more to do with my attitude than anything else and as we all know, attitude IS everything. It isn't that I've had a bad attitude, just kind of a boring one. I haven't really been creative at all lately. I haven't been blogging, I haven't been painting anything, I haven't been using my sewing machine, I haven't even been making anything out of felt! Good grief, what's become of me?

Instead of thinking about all the things that I haven't been doing, I've decided to post about some of the things that I have been doing. Maybe pretending to be creative will get those juices flowing again. I've got a bathroom that needs a makeover and no money, so I'm going to have to get fancy if I want to do it on the cheap. I'm looking forward to how crazy I'm going to make Brent with it all :)

So here goes...


SLEEPING

That's right. It's awesome. Last night, I hit my pillow at about 10:30 and was out cold until 6:00 this morning when Charlie woke up. It was amazing. It was heavenly. Hooray for my kids for sleeping like champs!


RUNNING

I run. Running is something I do. Am I a runner?

????????

I don't think so, not yet. Especially since I use the term "running" quite loosely.

I'm actually really proud of myself for doing it since the first night I went, I couldn't run the length of an entire block (downhill) without getting totally winded and having to take a break. I'm so not joking. I've just been taking it easy and now I'm running 2.5 miles almost every day. Ok, I have to walk the uphill part, but in my defense, it's REALLY steep. I have a hard time with it (I've never been anything approaching an athlete) but I do it. I want to stop. My mind tells me to stop, my body tells me to stop, my lungs scream for me to stop, and I want to, I intend to, but my legs seems to have a mind of their own. They just keep moving and taking with them.



Methinks that I'm going to need some better shoes if I'm going to keep this up.



I have to get up bright and early (like the birds) to go before Brent leaves, which is, I grant you, invigorating on the days that I can actually do it. I'm trying to go in the morning instead of at night since the other night about 5 mosquitoes feasted on my smelly self before I got inside.

So anyway, not to toot my own horn, but... TOOT! TOOT!


CLEANING

Yesterday, I broke down and hired one of the girls in my circle to come help me clean my house. It was fabulous. I'm going to try to do it every couple of weeks. I thought that we would be able to get through the whole house in a couple of hours, but I grossly underestimated to amount of filth we've been living in. We got MOST of the downstairs clean and I mean clean. I can feel that the dirt is gone. My neighbor had Jane playing at her house and both the babies slept and my mom was here to help and it was almost too good to be true, like a dream. When a clean house is enough to make you want to cry, you either cry too easily or your house is way too messy.... or both.


BATHING LIZZY IN BLEACH

When Lizzy went swimming last weekend, Brent and I were so worried about the chlorine on her skin. She was SO broken out and we were sure it would dry her out and make things worse, but we let her go anyway. When she got out, it was weird. Her skin would, like, flake off, like a sunburn and I would freak out and wash her off and put her lotions on, but underneath was just new, pink, healthy skin. She'd been getting random comments in stores the week before, her skin was so bad and by the time we took her to church on Sunday, everyone was commenting on how great she looked.

Then, when Brent was in Kanab for work on Monday, he happened to pick up a paper and happened to find and cut out a little article about a study that had just been conducted proving that bathing kids with eczema in bleach was actually good for them. If you search on the internet, everything will tell you otherwise, but this study suggests that you put half a cup of bleach in a standard tub and let them soak for 10 minutes twice a week. The bleach kills the bacteria that is spread when they scratch and allows the meds and lotions to do their job. We'll have to see if it holds up long term, so many things don't, but so far I'm a believer. We did it the other night and she didn't cry or scratch all night.



And it cleans the tub at the same time, so it's win/win, right?

So there you have it. Things that I've been doing. A post on my blog, photos and all. An attempt to write when I feel no desire.

I'm not feeling any more creative than I was before. Dang it! I really want to work on that bathroom.



p.s. For the record, I want to apologize to those of you (like everyone in my family but me) who actually know how to write. I am fully aware of the fact that my posts are riddled with errors of every kind and I my only excuse is full blown ignorance. It must drive you all crazy. I need to go back to school, I didn't take enough writing classes when I was there before. I've also thought about emailing my mom to proof all my posts, but that just seems like a lot of effort and it's just not going to happen.

6 comments:

Emily Call said...

I love this post so much...you think I am joking, but I am not. I love how you write about just normal everyday stuff and how entertaining you make it. I have been running every morning this week too... love it/ hate it. Anyway, that is so exciting about the bleach water for Lizzy. I hope it continues to help.

MaryAnn said...

I enjoy your posts - writing errors and all.

Barbara said...

Thanks for posting when you don't want to. I need to post as well--been a REALLY long time since I did--and maybe your example will motivate me. I'm also very optimistic for Lizzy--I really hope it give her some long-term relief.

Austin's Mommy said...

Way to go on the running. I am eternally in your starting state. Couldn't run to save my life. I keep thinking I should just work on it to build up stamina and strengthen my lungs but it's way to embarrassing to do in front of anyone else. And I mean anyone ... human, animal, plant...

kennan said...

i need that cleaning girls money. i am wallowing in filth over here on carnation. i hate that you run, i want to run but my will power is like this ----- nothing.

kennan said...

whoa.... i mean i need that cleaning girls number not her money.


although, i do need money too.