Monday, June 21, 2010

"I want something sweet to eat."

I know I've been posting a lot of 'Brent' photos lately, but when I feel so inspired, I feel so inspired.


Deal with it.
And this one is really cute.
Extra super cute.


And Lizzy is really cute. Especially when she's eating something sweet.

This morning, she was complaining that she was hungry. She's found that she really enjoys refusing food and then complaining about her hunger shortly thereafter. I've found it to be completely obnoxious.

"but mooOOOoom! i'm so hungry! i need some candy! look. they have candy here at dee store. you could buy me some!" she squeals in the middle of Wal-Mart.
"No Lizzy. I tried to feed you breakfast and you wouldn't eat it. I'm NOT buying candy."
"but my tummy hurts! i have a headache in my tummy!"

When we finally got home, she raided the pantry for sweet treats and consumed several packages of fruit snacks before I could stop her. Ah Miss Biz. Good thing you're so cute.




btw - the title of this post is a quote from my youth. my parents remind me that it was one of my favorite phrases. i suppose the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

2 comments:

Lynda/Mom said...

Right on with the heading!! Miss Lizzy is lucky to have a mom with good enough sense to keep her in check, except for the treats she pilfers on her own.

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

Sounds like it is a mother like daughter issue. Aubrey is into the same complaints. I'm hungry...Aubrey you just ate/Aubrey I am making dinner/Aubrey, there is no food in the car you will have to wait till we are home...I'm hungry already! I hear that diaglogue in my house more than once daily.