Thursday, February 24, 2011

a new coat and a conversation

First things first...

Lizzy got a new coat.
We like said new coat.
Although I can't imagine Lizzy ever finding a way to articulate it, I can tell that she feels cute in her new coat.
She also feels cute when her hair is crimped.

That said, I wanted to share these photos of Lizzy in her new coat and with crimped hair and then relate to you a conversation that she and Ben had in the car yesterday.


We were getting in the car to head out yesterday...

Ben: "laura, do i have to have my buckle on?"
Me: "Yes, Ben. You do."
Lizzy: "ya ben. if you don't wear your buckle and the policeman catches you, he will take you away and lock you in the dungeon."
Ben: "oh ya. they will. they will take us away and lock us in the dungeon."
Me: "No they won't. If you get caught without a seat belt, then I would get in trouble, not you."
Ben: "ya. they would give you a ticket."
Lizzy: "ya. a ticket to the dungeon!"


And then they continued to talk about the policemen and their dungeon for several minutes when Ben interjected...

"but wizzy. what is a dungeon?"

To which Lizzy replied "oh. ben, a dungeon is the place... that the policemen... they... um... it's where the policemen live."
"oh!" responded Ben. "yes, that's right. they live there. in the dungeon"


And the dungeon talk trailed off. And then we drove by Chuck E. Cheese's, which inspired a whole new conversation about who Chuck E. Cheese was, what Chuck E. Cheese was and why he was so very scary.

I got out of the car thoroughly entertained. I love those kids.

3 comments:

Barbara said...

Cute kids, cute conversation--I can appreciate that you were entertained, so was I :).

Lynda/Mom said...

Ya, I just wrote a comment and the internet ate it up! My service has been HORRIBLE this weekend. The upshot is, I love those little three, almost four, year olds. I miss them already.

Lynda/Mom said...

It has to be a lot of work to keep up with two blogs, but I miss you here.