Sunday, November 30, 2008

Feeling Thankful

So, this post is annoying for two reasons. One, It doesn't have any pictures and I've posted like 5 times without pictures. I know you all miss looking at my kids. Two, it's after Thanksgiving and I'm doing a "thankful" post. In all fairness, I really am feeling thankful. "Why?" you ask? I will tell you...

Brent had to go into work today and missed church because he was there all afternoon. Normally, this isn't the kind of thing that I would be feeling thankful for, but it reminded me of something. As our bishop said to me today "At least he's not unloading boxes of hamburger at a McDonald's" This is VERY true. We had been accustomed to him missing lots of church and working really weird shifts at all hours of the night and day, not to mention the countless calls waking me up in the middle of the night because someone didn't show up for their shift. Since he started working at Stampin' Up! we haven't received a single call that woke us up and this is the first Sunday he's ever had to work. For that, I am extremely thankful.

3 comments:

Lynda/Mom said...

So true! Hope he made it home OK and you guys got some rest last night.

Emily Call said...

That really is something to be thankful for. Justin hasn't had to work a Sunday since his days at the Olive Garden until yesterday.

Cheryl said...

Yeah.....oh, I wish I were thankful for the same thing you are. Nope, not at this burger palace!