Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Peachy Keen

Charlie hasn't been the easiest baby to deal with lately. I'd go so far as to say that he's been a royal pain... (fill in the blank) Brent and I have spent most of our time either carting him around, listening to him cry on the floor, listening to him cry in his bed, listening to him cry in his high chair, or trying to shove food down his throat before he can spit it back out. argh!

This morning was more of the same. I've got Ben and Davie here for part of the day this week, so this high maintainance mode of his is losing it's appeal real quick.

The kids were outside playing and I was taking the opportunity to straighten up in the kitchen. Chas was taking the opportunity to crawl around on the floor like a wounded soldier and scream at me to pick him up. I was doing my best to ignore him when it suddenly got quiet. I was pleased that he had found something to distract him momentarily. A minute later, I noticed an unusual sound coming from Charlie's direction.

"munch, munch. slurp, slurp. smack, smack."

I decided that it was probably best to figure out what he was eating, lest he try to consume the dog tag I saw kicking around a few minutes before (note, that i did NOT take the opporunity to pick up said dog tag from the floor. i'm lazy like that)

When I found him, I immediately started laughing and grabbed the camera to document his eating an entire abandoned peach.







Yes, there are 5 photos. Be thankful that I didn't post them all.

For the record, I love Charlie.

5 comments:

Emily Call said...

so cute. I am glad you posted all 5 because they are all darling.

MaryAnn said...

He knows a good thing when he finds it! Peaches - yummy!

Grammyzanne said...

Looks like a good peach being thoroughly enjoyed.

Lynda/Mom said...

Adorable!

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

5 pictures of that cutie, is definately not too many. That is too funny. Hopefully his temprament will improve soon.