Tuesday, November 10, 2009

More adventures in couponing

I totally promise not to turn my blog into a coupon blog, but I wanted to let people know about a deal that you can get on the new UP dvd in case you were thinking you would get it for your kids for Christmas. Unless you are like my cousin's wife Kathy that finished her shopping in like July. Seriously, why must you show us up that way? :)

In Utah, the blu-ray combo pack is on sale at Target for $19.99. It might not be advertised that way, but Leslie bought copies for both of us today at that price, so price check it and then get pushy and annoying and tell them that you KNOW for a fact that the Ft. Union store in Utah is selling them at that price and then they will think that you are crazy and they will be right, but you will get your movie for way cheaper than it was originally priced.

OR if you are new to couponing and are not yet prepared to sacrifice your pride in that way for $8 (i think mine was sold for like $2), you could just go to Wal-mart in the first place and pay $19.96 for it. I find it amusing that they maintain their place as the low price leader with a $.03 margin.

The blu-ray combo pack includes a blu-ray copy, a DVD copy, a digital copy and a bonus disc so I've started buying the blu-rays even though I don't have a blu-ray player. Maybe some day...

Ok, so go to Target or Wal-mart, get your UP blu-ray combo pack and take a copy of the $10.00 off coupon that you can print HERE. (you'll have to install coupon printing software to your computer and you HAVE to buy the blu-ray combo)

This will make your movie only $10. Nice.

There are also several mail in rebates available if you have that kind of patience and since there are 2 proofs of purchase on the box and you can send in copies of your receipts, you can use 2 and possibly get your movie for free.

This one is for buy two Kernel Seasonings, get a $5 rebate
These are $2 each at K-mart. There used to be a $1 off one coupon floating around on the web, but I can't find it now. If you can't find a coupon, I wouldn't use this one unless you really actually wanted the Kernel Seasonings.

This one is for buy one pasta, get a $4 rebate
Here is a link for coupons.com where you can print a $1 of 2 coupon.
The Ronzoni spaghetti is at Target for like a little over a dollar each. I think Leslie said it came to $.62 a box with the coupon. (note- look for the smallest, cheapest boxes that you think you'll actually use, it's cheaper that way and I'm all about cheap)

This one is a buy 2 Bird's Eye family favorites, get a $5 rebate
Here is a link for $1 off Bird's Eye.
You can also access the coupon directly from the Bird's Eye website HERE. I don't know how much these normally are, but I'd hold out for a sale before I bought them.

You've got until after Christmas for the rebates so you can wait to open the movie (i've already opened mine to pull the codes off, my kids won't notice ;)* and wait for things to go on sale to make the most of your coupons.

Ok, hopefully someone will appreciate that, other than Leslie and me. Even if you only print the $10.00 off coupon, you're getting a good deal. Have fun! My job here is done. I will lay off the coupons.


*One year, we gave my dad Sea Biscuit for Christmas, but none of us had seen it, so we opened it and watched it before we gave it to him, unbeknownst to him. I felt kinda bad. I wonder if he ever noticed....

7 comments:

Danielle said...

Thank you for the info. I will be purchasing UP for a scant 10 bucks. Cross your fingers for a blue-ray player for Christmas!

Leslie said...

It was Dad. He totally didn't notice. And, I'm totally stoked about my (almost) free DVD.

Kathy said...

Yes, my shopping is done. However, I have to make A LOT of gifts this year so I am still super busy. I bought my UP DVD from the Disney when I got Snow White. They had a coupon for $20 off a purchase and so I pre-ordered Tinkerbell 2 and UP and paid $10 each. I love good deals!

Sandy Brunson said...

Totally saw the "up" deal and Jacob and I are on it.

Jana Sohm said...

Please don't stop your coupon ideas. I need someone to tell me where the good deals are. I am too lazy to do it myself. I just downloaded the UP coupon. I am going to go get it tomorrow. Thanks for the info!

Robinson Family said...

Thanks for the tip! This will be a great gift. Let's hope our Target has the same sale.

Nikkie said...

Ok, I meant to ask you about couponing after the special K post. I want to know where, how, etc. Will you give me a basic tutorial? I could probably convince Baylie to do some free babysitting, I mean service, for you while you taught me.