Friday, November 6, 2009

Technical Difficulties

Fact: Charlie is a boy.

If we didn't have good old anatomy to rely on for that information, one would be able to deduct as much from his obsession with buttons. He LOVES anything with buttons, specifically electronic equipment, and will defend his possession of every remote control and telephone with all his little baby power. He's found that his most effective means of keeping charge of the remote is (ironically enough) to scream.... like a girl.

The computer is his favorite. Whenever we get on the computer, he crawls on over, pulls himself up to it and starts trying to sneak in his little hand underneath ours. He also likes to take his sharp little nails and pull the keys off. I'm still missing one of my 'Ctrl' buttons.

So anyway, a while back, I was using our laptop upstairs before bed. In a moment of all too common exhaustion and absentmindedness, I left the computer upstairs... on the floor... open and then went to bed. The next day, Charlie had gone missing so I went looking for him and found him upstairs, sitting on said computer. I have no idea how long he had the computer at his disposal or how many buttons and combination of buttons he pushed before I found him, but he did some funky stuff to this computer. Brent spent a while trying to undo it all, but there were a couple things we just couldn't figure out the most annoying of which was that I couldn't log into my google account, meaning no email, no blog, no fun. I had talked to Brent about expediting the planned purchase of a new computer just so that I could access my accounts. I think he started to love me more for the mere proposal of the idea.

So all this time, I've been locked out of my blog, unable to tell you all about how sick I was or how sick my kids have been or how mean the doctor at the quick care was or how I've hardly left the house in weeks and I'm starting to get cabin fever. Come to think of it, it's probably all for the best. I've been super whiny. And then my mom came up to help me yesterday and asked if I'd tried to log onto my google account using Internet Explorer instead of Firefox.

My mom is a freaking genius.

And so I'm back. I just have to use a different browser and all is right in the world again.
And since I don't ACTUALLY have anything to blog about, I'll just post some awesome photos that the amazingly talented Brooke took of my family right before we become stricken with every virus known to Utah this season. Seriously, I have no idea how she made us look so good. It's us, only a lot more attractive than we are in real life. I like these black and white ones of my kids because they just look like my kids are supposed to look.










Head over HERE to oliverminiej photography and HERE to check out more. Thanks Brooke! You are officially my hero.
p.s. uploading photos to posts using IE is lame and inconvenient. boo. oh well, at least it's possible.

5 comments:

Kathy said...

The pictures are gorgeous!

Emily Call said...

darling pictures. sounds like you guys are starting to feel better?

Katie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie said...

You look like a professional model in that last picture(!) If I ever took a photograph that stunning, I would seriously be so vain about it.

Leslie said...

Oh, having two girls first made you soft. You have to learn to think like a destructive little boy and keep one step ahead or he will win every time.