Thursday, November 19, 2009

So far, so good

First of all, my "A" button isn't working so if this post it missing a couple, it's becuse I hve to use ll the force my left pinky finger cn summon to mke it work.


Secondly, and more importantly, thank you to everyone who emailed me and posted suggestions for the organic cotton pajamas. I feel so loved! We were able to find some at Costco (Costco, I love you. Costco I do-oo.) so we went and bought some for her today.


Lizzy's creams and such have always gotten all over her pajamas and they get gross really fast, so she seriously owns like 15 pairs already. Fortunately, I've never really had a problem spending Brent's hard earned paycheck on jammies.

She's already looking and feeling better (blow up the photo to see her feet already). She usually has to wear jammies with feet in them because she scratches, but when we put these on she said

"look mom! i not scatching!"

I asked her if she was itchy and she said "nope!"

Then Lizzy was so kind as to help me out with one step of her bedtime routine by locking herself in the upstairs bathroom, turning on the water in the sink and completely drenching herself, her pajamas and everything in the surrounding area, including her younger brother. I'd have taken photo of that too, but she was so cold that she was begging to get into bed and promptly fell asleep. I could get used to this.

7 comments:

Sheri said...

It all sounds so crazy...but here's to faith! Lizzy even seems to have the faith needed to heal her :) Hallelujah!

leonvalley said...

Glad things are progressing positively.

MaryAnn said...

I would think wet pajamas in Utah in the winter would not be a good combination but whatever works. Glad to hear she is doing better.

Emily Call said...

That is such happy news. I can't imagine going to bed wet, but if it works... by the way, i love that picture of Lizzy. She is so darling.

Jason&Shannon said...

MaryAnn's comment makes me laugh. Utah and cold are all she thinks about in the winter. I guess she has lived in Vegas too long. What I want to know is do you have to wash her sheets like every day? Maybe I have been living in humid climates too long, but I think damp sheets=mildew.

brooke c jackson said...

eczema or not, i'm marching off to costco immediately to buy some of those pjs!

lizzy is the cutest thing.. and yes, my heart is breaking a little that she goes to bed wet..
so glad she is getting better though.

Anonymous said...

I think you should try out Organic Cold pressed Virgin coconut oil. You can mail order it from website. It normally costs $45~$60 per gallon. They have smaller bottle too. But I think for her skin like this, you might need to get a gallon. Place it under room temp. Don't put it in the fridge & avoid from direct sunlight. When it's below 23C, it will melt automatically. But it's ok.

It can be used as lotion & cured ezema or crack on the skin. Check it out the variety benefits of this oil. It's natural & it has nutrition our skin needs. Hope she feels better by using this Organic coconut oil. No chemical at all & I think this is what she needs.