Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Bride

I WAS going to post about the zoo tonight and since I'm fairly certain that none of you has ever been to a zoo, let alone the San Diego Zoo, you were looking forward to it with uncontrollable anticipation, but as it turns out, I'm really tired.


Deal with it.

I've spent all evening partying like it's 1999 and trying to convince my girls to go to bed. They are currently both squeezed into Jane's twin. I'm guessing I've got until about 12:37 before one of them falls out and we start the whole process over again.

I remember being a little girl and we would wait until my mom tucked us in, then my brother would sneak into my room and sleep in there with me under my Cabbage Patch Kids canopy. I remember hiding him under my dirty clothes so that Mom wouldn't find him if she came to check on us. She didn't approve of our sharing a bed. I didn't understand why.

It makes a little more sense now.

Anyway, I'm somewhat sympathetic so I'm giving this sleeping arrangement a shot, against my better judgement. I do a lot of things that are against my better judgement. It keeps life interesting.

What I'm getting to is that instead of pictures of Koalas, I'm going to post the single photo that I took of the bride. I can't believe that I didn't manage to get a better one, but I didn't and since my mom pointed out my oversight, I will try to make amends.


Stacey was a beautiful bride and was also very thoughtful and kind to our family of disruptive children. I've only met her the once, but I'm inclined to like anyone who orders a special meal of chicken fingers for my kids, provides crayons and coloring books for them to play with and glow bracelets, for when it got dark.



Until next time...

3 comments:

Lynda/Mom said...

Nice save! And it got you off the hook from a more complicated post. It is a nice picture--I just don't understand how Stacey got left out of the group photos of the family. Hope you make it through the night. I guess your girls got accustomed to sleeping in the same bed last week, eh?

Cameron said...

Sorry, I failed to get any photos of the bride because I was too busy scrubbing sand out of Davie's hair in the hotel restroom.

Allison and Nathan said...

Whoa - I had a Cabbage Patch canopy too!