Tuesday, July 20, 2010

It's about time I push through this Subtitled: I really shouldn't watch TV while I'm trying to write.

Is it possible to have Blogger's Block?

Is that a "thing?"
Can I MAKE it a "thing?"
Do I have that kind of power?
For the sake of argument, let's just say that I do.


Moving on, I feel like I've had Blogger's Block lately.
It's a tad bit frustrating. As I'm writing this, instead of concentrating on writing, I'm watching America's Got Talent and lamenting the fact that as much as I'd like to be able to hate Howie Mandel, I just can't bring myself to do it. Maybe it's because I still hold him dear to me for all the hours of Bobby's World he provided me with in the 80's, or maybe it's because he's got OCD and I love me a freak that's ok with talking about their freakishness, or maybe it's because he seems like the kind of guy that can insulted in every possible way and still like you when it's over.

How did I just find that many reasons to NOT hate Howie Mandel?
I'm so confused right now. What's happened to me? Who am I?

See? Blogger's Block. I'm totally distracted, but as with most things in life, we must persevere.

Tonight, I've just got some more photos from our San Diego trip to post. Lame. Sorry. Let's just take a deep breath and get through these posts together so we can move on with our lives, ok?

While in San Diego, we went to the Pier. (Which is kinda like Piers from America's Got Talent, who just told the "Strong Man" that he's boring... and he was.) My kids liked the pier. They really wanted to go on the boats, and so did I.


Charlie waves at just about everyone. It's adorable. He'll go out of his way to stop what he's doing and wave at anyone who drives by and I'll go out of my way to stop everyone to watch him wave. He also really likes his hat, as well as most accessories. He must have gotten the tendency from his idol, Ben.


Ben really likes to be fancy.


Daddy's girls. Sigh.


Remind me that I need to go on that air craft carrier next time I'm in the area.


(Ok, now I'm watching this guy, Hannibal, on America's Got Talent who is truly terrifying.


He crocheted animal hats for all the dancers to wear during his performance and they ARE wearing them. Yup. He's singing the 'Circle of Life' on a pedestal with several dancers in full body leotards and animal hats. If you didn't catch it tonight, do yourselves a favor and check that out on YouTube tomorrow.)


We all went on a nice long walk that evening and I tried out my new jogging stroller, which worked out very well for me, but the highlight of the evening was a man that approached me and started harassing me and my husband about having too many kids.


I'll agree that it FEELS like a lot of kids, but in a photo or walking down a street, we don't really LOOK like a lot. At least I didn't think so until this guy started asking me what religious group I was with. I almost told him I was Mormon just to bug him. I'm not sure what all he said because I was trying to ignore him, but I'm fairly certain sure that he accused me of genocide and then took photos of my children. Please let me know if you see them somewhere. I'm a little uncomfortable that some psychopath has photographs of my kids.

Ok, peeps, that was a painful post. And instead of dragging it out even further, I'm going to go now so that I can give the "fire illusionist" that's on after this commercial break my full and undivided attention. Have I mentioned that I really like America's Got Talent?

4 comments:

Megan Campbell Carter said...

Fun...fire illusionist...he was great...almost anything with illusion has to be intriguing.

scott said...

Some people need to mind their own business, since when is 3 kids over the top?

Kriss said...

I hate psychos.

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

I catch an episode here and there of American Talent and am with you about Hannibal. Also, with four kids I have never had anyone approach me outright and say anything like that...maybe I don't spend enough time in California.