Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Wedding

My cousin got married. He's kinda the reason that we went to California on vacation in the first place. I have thanked him for planning his wedding on a beach in Southern California because it gave me and my entire family a really good reason to get out of town and loosen up a little bit. It also gave me a reason to get the whole family dressed up and try to pose for "chic mom on the beach" photos.



"Try" is the operative word. "Try" spends most of it's time being the operative word in my life.


Come on kids! You can do it, just point your faces towards the camera for one second!


Oh nevermind. Go play in the ocean.


Or at least stand there and act like you like each other.


Don't my mom and dad look dashing? I love this photo of them.


"Jane and Mommy" - taken by Lizzy


"Lizzy and Mommy" - taken by Jane.


At the after-party, there were kiddy cocktails,


and smiles,


and girl cousins, (doesn't Leslie look particularly cute? I was a wee but envious of her cuteness)


and dancing,


and..... well.... other forms of dancing,


and a random seagull in a fountain,


and lame-os,

but my favorite part (aside from seeing my family that I never see and going to my cousin's wedding, of course) was the twinners...


Davie matched too. Wait, let me find a photo of him.

hold on...

hold on...

almost got it...

There!


Triplet-ers?

I have to tell this story because I love it so. We were packing the kids in the car to go home for the night, and we had Ben riding with us, so he was getting loaded in too. There was a nice family walking down the street at the same time and one of them shouted to me,

"We love your twins!"

and I smiled back and yelled,

"Thanks!"


My dad and his mom and sister and brother and a couple of stow-aways that no one was mean enough to shoo out of the photo.

Look at my grandma. Isn't she adorable? You love her already, don't you?


The kids do too.


And the whole Sills/Barron side of the family - minus Johnny B, Danielle and my cousin, Kyle's new wife. It really was a lovely wedding and a lovely evening and I enjoyed the whole thing tremendously.


It was totally worth all the sand in the diapers.


And mouths.
And shorts.
And eyes.
And ears.
And noses.
And bellybuttons.
And hair.



Tomorrow, if you're really super lucky, I might tell you about the San Diego Zoo. I know, I know, you can hardly contain yourselves. Try.







btw - I should own up that a bunch of those photos were taken by my favorite brother in law, Cameroon. He's good at sharing.

5 comments:

Brooke and Dustin Jackson said...

so jealous of your vacay.. truly. i was mild/moderately depressed the whole while you peeps were away. i want a fun get-away in my near future..

what a gorgeous wedding.. all the kiddlets looked darling in the fancy duds.

let's all hang out

:)

Lynda/Mom said...

You definitely captured the mood of the wedding. But. . . .no bride? She was one of my favorite parts of the whole wedding! Love the photos and the narrative.

Anonymous said...

Wow- Love the mini-Barbara picture of Jane.

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

Looks like a fun time in the sun and at a wedding...so nice when you can attend a wedding without any responsibilities except the norm...like watching the kids play. Love the pictures.

Grammyzanne said...

Sounds like it was a good time. Looking forward to your version of the San Diego Zoo.