Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I've got good news and bad news

I'll give you the good news first... it's raining.


This is good news for several reasons.

It's good news because our sprinklers are completely useless and our lawn is desperately trying to give up the ghost. It's hard to beautify our little piece of earth without the necessary life sustaining water.


It's also good news because it's been far too hot and the cool air feels fabulous on my parched skin.


But mostly, it's good news because there's hardly a thing in the world that's more fun to a small herd of children than playing in a summer thunderstorm.


And it's even better news because I had the foresight to buy my kids adorable umbrellas last time Target had the good sense to sell them in their dollar spot.



Ok, now for the bad news... it's raining.

This is bad news for several reasons.

It's bad news because my electricity keeps flickering and I'm worried that it will go out completely and prevent Brent from finishing his homework and ME from finishing this episode of Masterpiece Mystery.


It's also bad news because my kids are terrified of the thunder and it's just a matter of time before they are all crying. Or in my bed. Or both.


But mostly, this is bad new because my house is very damp and very sticky.
And I chose tonight to make BLTs.
Damp, sticky house + bacon stink = not a good combo.
I have now decided that if we ever move to a damp climate, my family is completely giving up bacon.
And that's final.

3 comments:

Lynda/Mom said...

Cute kids; cute post. I love the umbrellas!

Leslie said...

I'm totally enjoying this rainy weather. A little break from the heat is much appreciated.

Jana Sohm said...

Ok. Your girls are cute. I love them more than anything in the world. BUT... can I just say that I Charlie just might be the cutest thing I have ever seen?