Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Too cool for school

Both of my girls are starting school in about a week and a half, and I'm actually finding myself a little concerned about having the alone time. I acknowledge that I need the alone time. My sanity is needing the alone time, but when I'm used to having three wild children to keep me busy, I'm not entirely sure I'll know what to do with myself when they aren't around.


I'm not always comfortable with my own thoughts. They can get a little weird.

At least I'll have Charlie to keep me company for the next couple of years.


He's funny and cute and likes to play with toys.


Come to think of it, his toys are usually everywhere. And when one isn't readily available, he'll go ahead and use a box of cereal or remote control or a hammer. You know, whatever's lying around. Sometimes hammers are lying around. We're slow learners.


The more I dwell on this, I'm realizing that I spend most of my days chasing him around, trying to prevent him from emptying laundry baskets so that he can climb in them, sweeping up Lucky Charms that he dumped out and mopping up juice or popsicles from our newly refinished hardwoods.


And when I'm not doing that, I'm generally listening to him scream for one reason or another and trying to placate him with fruit snacks or popsicles that I will then have to mop up off those hardwoods I was telling you about.


As it turns out, even though two thirds of my posterity will be occupied with their educational pursuits this year, I don't think I'll have any extra free time at all.

Problem solved.
That was easier than I thought it would be.

1 comments:

Lynda/Mom said...

And that was cute--just like your little wild boy. You will have time, but not enough to be concerned about. Good night!