Thursday, August 26, 2010

JOOTD

Fact: I enjoy the blog stalking. I think that this is an established point by now.

Fact: My favorite blogs are the ones where the girls take photos of their outfits every day and then post them and tell you where all their clothes came from.

I'm SO not joking.

The fascination I have with the OOTD posts is definitely a sick and cynical one. I love them as much as I hate them. I am jealous of them and annoyed with them and confused by them. They pose so many questions in my mind.

Where do you get your money for your clothes?
When do you find time to shower on a regular basis?
Do you do your hair every single day?
Do you wash your face every single day?
Do you NOT feel uncomfortable taking pictures of yourself?
When you you find time to go shopping and do your kids put up with it?
Why do I wear t-shirts and pants with mustard stains on them most days?
When did I let myself go?
Should I be taking photos of my clothes?

No, I shouldn't be taking pictures of my clothes. I pulled them out of the dirty laundry basket and they have mustard stains on them, remember? But for some reason, even though I have no intentions of posting any OOTD photos for myself any time in the near or distant future, I feel compelled to post JOOTD photos.

That's right.
Jane outfit of the day photos.

She's turning into quite the ridiculous fashionista and while I find her seriousness about clothes to be somewhat troubling, I also find it to be amusing. Amusing enough to be a series of posts? Let's all find out together, shall we?

And that said, let's get on with the show!
This is what Jane wore to school today.


I want to make it perfectly clear to people that I don't spend actual money on my children's clothes. Are we all clear? Good.

Just to be on the safe side, I'll let you know that her shirt came from DownEast and was under $10, which is pushing it for me on a kid's shirt, but she wears it like 3 times a week, so I guess it's ok.


Her skirt was on clea-rance at Forever 21 and I think I paid about $6 for it. It required a little modification (a safety pin in the back), but now it works and it'll fit her for the next couple years as well.


Her boots are from K-mart. I bought them on a BOGO sale wherein that little Tasmanian devil in the background also got a new pair of shoes.

And speaking of which, I'd like to throw out there that Charlie is now available to be rented out to people who would like to remind themselves why they DON'T want a two year old boy hanging around the house. He'd be happy to climb onto your counters looking for candy and dump bowls on popcorn on your floor so that he can stomp them into your rug.

If I do draw satisfaction from the JOOTD posts, I might try to throw in some LOOTD photos too, although Lizzy's outfits will probably look more like this...


Ok, ya. It has now been decided that I will also be posting LOOTD photos. It's going to be fantastic. I can feel it.

8 comments:

Jana Sohm said...

You crack me up! I have to admit that I was a bit jealous of Jane's boots yesterday when she came over. I should have run down to K-mart.

Lynda/Mom said...

I am having flashbacks to my two girls dressing for school. Just to torment you, I want you to remember that the fashion sense untouched by mother's pleas for sanity continued through high school--I will probably never get over the goth/thrift store look. I couldn't even comfort myself with the thought that at least I wasn't spending a fortune on clothing. Love you always!

MaryAnn said...

Love the JOOFT photos and maybe love the LOOFT photos even more. Keep them coming!

kennan said...

i hate those blogs, i am embarrassed that i am friends with one of those bloggers your mentioning (your favorite one)!

i need to take a page from your book and STOP spending money on my kids clothes.

also, everytime i see you, i always walk away thinking you are beautiful and look adorable in the way you dress. so there.

Kriss said...

I actually cannot even begin to fathom, that people actually take pictures of them self and post it like they are so hot or something. It kinda makes me sick to my stomach. Don't normal people HATE to have their picture taken even if they are feeling okay looking? I guess they should send some of that confidence on to me, cause my mind is blown!

Leslie said...

If you're going to do JOOTD you're going to have to teach her the downcast eyes pose. I look forward to LOOTD posts.

Katie said...

The questions in your mind! I was more entertained by your list of questions than I have been by all the OOTD blogs combined.

Brooke and Dustin Jackson said...

i agree with leslie... she needs to work on her hunched, look away, and hip posing. that would only be appropriate.


i love this new line of posting. jane is a favorite of mine. truly.. i really enjoy her. AND she looks adorable. i love the boot and skirt combo.
AND.. you always look cute. so shut it.