Sunday, August 15, 2010

So many questions...

Friday, my mom and I made a trip into town to hit up my favorite home decor store, the one, the only... Home Goods. Seriously, I wish someone would just build one out here by my house. It would make it a lot easier to spend money that I probably don't have on awesomeness. But the reason Home Goods is so fabulous is that amongst the awesomeness, there's also a lot of not so awesomeness and a bunch of freaking weird random crap that you can't believe anyone ever thought would be a good idea. It makes for an entertaining shopping trip.


While we were there, I happened upon, a thing. It was noteworthy. I picked it up and took it to show my mom even though I was a little scared to hold it in my hands. Literally, I was scared of it, like a little kid would be to touch a dog or something. It might have had something to do with the fingers. I wanted to be able to share it with the world, but I didn't know how. I certainly wasn't willing to pay the $40 clearance price just to bring it home and terrify my small children.

Then I remembered that my husband is high maintenance and demanded a new iphone, which meant that I got his old iphone, which meant that I had a camera, which worked out well for me. And now, world, I would like to share the thing with you...


What the crap is that?
Why is it wearing shoes?
And a robe?
And a waistcoat?
Why are its fingers so long?
Why does it look like it's going to dive at me and start gnawing at my face?
Why is it haunting my dreams?

12 comments:

Mary Ann said...

That's freaking freaky! And hilarious!!

MaryAnn said...

That is one weird looking thing. And somewhat scary. Who would want it in their house?

Sheri said...

EEEEEEWWWWWWW!!! If I have a nightmare tonight you will be hearing from me!

Sandy Brunson said...

Holy Crap! That is really not okay!

Katie said...

If things like this haunt your dreams, can I assume that you avoid The Quilted Bear?

Yeah, me too.

Leslie said...

This is freaking me out. Seriously. Burn it.

Holly said...

Why are all the GOOD white elephant gifts so expensive?

Holly said...

...and I've heard of this store, but how did I not know there was one in Utah? I must go there this week.

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

My girls are sitting here looking with me, and are making comments like, "What is that scary guy doing?" "What is that scary guy?" I think they too will be having nightmares about that find. Thanks.

Emily Call said...

I love that store too. We always find wonderful gems like the one you found. One time we found a 3D house completely made of marshmallows... yup, it was awesome!

aaron and allee said...

This is the type of thing I expected to come eat us any time we would stay the night at Britney Anderson's house. Belmont (ever the hunter) would tell us scary things and then send us to the basement to sleep. With every creak, I was certain the coffin-like thing around the corner was opening and a wookalar would eat us alive. I am relieved your kids won't have that in their house! Though Holly has a point...that would be an awesome white elephant gift! =)

Brooke and Dustin Jackson said...

oh my hell.

that is terrifying