Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Adding one more to the family

A couple of weeks ago, I put Charlie's crib away. It was time. He's two now, practically a man. Cribs were SO last month. So up went the tiny little bed and down came the crib.


Sigh. Other than a month or so when we were switching Jane over to a bed, this is the first time in over six years that I haven't had a crib in my house. And when we took it down before, I was already pregnant with Lizzy, so I was still in baby mode. Anyway, it was a little bitter sweet. I've been a emotional about it, you know? Feeling kinda empty now that I haven't got a baby in the house anymore. I'm not entirely sure I'm ready to be out of baby mode.

The feeling was short lived, though, because we ARE having another baby in the house. We know he's a boy, we know that right now, he's very, very small and we know that he's a ball of fur that needs to work on relieving himself in the great outdoors instead of my front room.



I'd like you all to meet Buster.




You can call him Buster Brown.




Or just Buster.




"Heeeey, brother."



The little squirt used to belong to Brent's sister, but as it turns out, she's NOT in baby mode and happened to call me in my moment of weakness, offering her young one to us. Who can say no to that face? He's 4 months old and actually almost full grown already. His dad is a toy sized Yorkie, his mom is a Shih Tzu and he's a Shorkie. Or a mutt, if you're my dad.

That should keep those baby hunger pangs at bay for a good while.

6 comments:

Sandy Brunson said...

Thank you very much for the Arrested Development reference. Made my afternoon!

Good luck with the puppy!

Megan Campbell Carter said...

Hey Hermano...ah I love that Buster..I also love Buster Brown (that happens to be my cousins name...yup like the shoe.) I also love how cute that puppy is...John would never succumb to something so cute.

Katie said...

Don't scare me like that! I am all too aware of our mirror image families, and am holding out on baby number 4, until I get word that you are having baby number 4. (In fact, could you just text me when it's time?)

The dog, by the way, is ridiculously cute!!

Lynda/Mom said...

Yes, very cute. The dog, too. Good luck with the potty issues. And happy birthday!

Brooke and Dustin Jackson said...

oh yay! a name. buster is very appropriate. any comparison to buster bluth is a keeper in my book.

i want a dog... or possibly just a baby .
i'm not quite sure which one yet..

hawsfam said...

Nothing like a puppy to make you NOT want more kids. Barkley has now pooped TWICE in his crate...to be fair last night he tried to poop it out the side, but it just made the mess twice as big. GRR!