Monday, October 18, 2010

Pumpkin Patchin' it up

It is the custom in our family to make several trips to pumpkin patches in the month of October. I can't ever help myself. I just love me a pumpkin patch. And I love bringing my camera with me. Fortunately for you, I only got one photo that's worth sharing from our first visit...


I love it.
Please take into consideration that this is the same girl that didn't go to school ALL WEEK LONG because she was too far too sick to function. It's amazing what kind of energy she can muster up when pumpkins are involved.

Fortunately for you, I didn't go to the second pumpkin patch because I was legitimately sick as a dog and therefore, we have no pictures... yet. My sister in law informed me that she got some of the girls and intends to send them my way.

Fortunately for ME, I got to go to another one today and I got tons and tons of photos.


I know, Charlie. I get the same way every time I find myself surrounded by hundreds of pumpkins.

My mom is always getting on my case because I post unattractive pictures of Lizzy all the time. It isn't as easy as she thinks to catch that girl looking adorable. It might be the hair. Or the clothes. Or the absent minded looks she walks around with, but she just isn't the type of kid that's ready for her glamor shot at any given moment. It was a good day for my camera, though...


Take THAT, mom!


On the other hand, Jane is always ready for her close up.


And another.
She looks slightly annoyed here. That might be because I was forcing her to pose for a picture before she went through this:


That is what one would refer to as an awesome maze.


Charlie was the only one who would hold still long enough to take a picture with me, and he wasn't happy about it. He didn't seem to mind having his picture taken with Brooklyn, though.


Sometimes I think my kids like her more than me.


And sometimes I know it.


But even Brooklyn couldn't compete with the tractor.


Nice try, Jane. I'm not buying it.


And I'll leave you all with another adorable Lizzy photo just to let it sink in.

Happy Pumpkin Patching!




5 comments:

Emily Call said...

oh, i miss you and your cute kids. Can we play soon?

Grammyzanne said...

You did get a couple of pictures of Lizzy she would be comfortable having shown at her wedding reception. Adorable kids and captions - especially like the angel.

Sheri said...

Love, love, love these pics. Especially Lizzy...You got her great this time! Thanks for letting Brooklyn be a part of your family. She wishes she was a blood relative!

Jana Sohm said...

Was this at Engh's gardens? I take the kids there every year, but it seemed to escape my mind this month. Maybe we can still go. Cute pics!

Lynda/Mom said...

You make it look like a a lot of fun, and I'm sure it was. Cute photos--thanks for capturing Lizzy in a good moment. She is adorable, and she works hard at proving she isn't.