Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Con-fernce weekend

Just posting a couple of photos (and their accompanying bizarre captions) from our weekend...


Remember how I mentioned that my mom's yard was more like a park? She's got the playground equipment and smiling, happy faces to prove it.


This is what Lizzy and I did while everyone else put together the playground equipment. I don't really like to get my hands dirty if I don't have to. Besides, Lizzy was dirty enough for all of us combined.


Did you know that my parents still have VCR? They do! They do! And it works! And my children don't know what it means to rewind! And they were wondering where the menu was! And I found myself saying "when I was a little girl we didn't have fancy dvd and bluray players and all we had were these tapes and blah blah blah" and I'm pretty sure that they stopped listening at "when I." So instead, Brent and I entertained each other by reminding ourselves of the Be Kind, Rewind signs at Blockbuster.

And now I'm feeling kinda, sorta, really old.

Moving on, my mom's backyard in Summit was getting jealous of the front and so she decided to give it a makeover. I'd have taken a picture of it, but I didn't have a camera (Brent had to take all our photos with his fancy shmancy phone) and also because it was a big pile of dirt and cement footings. It wasn't much to look at and there wasn't much going on over the weekend.

The workers had foolishly left their heavy machinery lying about over the weekend and Charlie was fairly certain that the world would come to an end if he didn't get to try it out for himself. As it turns out, I've been right about that child all along.


He's all bark, no bite.
His eyes are bigger than his stomach.
He bites off more than he can chew.

Ah, Chas. You are a total wuss. You are cute and lovable and fun and very, very wussy.
If you think this is bad, you should see him when the garbage truck comes by. His window is on the street and it wakes him up during nap time. He climbs up on his changing table, curls into the fetal position and cries. I actually kinda feel sorry for him.

Jane and I also made an excursion down to LaVerkin to visit two of our very favorite people.


Brooklyn.


And Brooklyn's mom, Sheri. (not pictured) (obviously)

Brooklyn made us her favorite meal and Sheri microwaved us some very fine rolls :)
We really loved being there with them in their new home. I think Jane and I both teared up a little on the drive home. It's not every day that you make friends as great as mine are.

All in all, our weekend was right, near perfect. Thank you again to my mom and dad for always having a room for us to stay in when we need a little break from real life.


5 comments:

Sheri said...

Aaaahhhh..a few tears (make that many) were shed here as well. Thanks for mentioning the rolls and not the delish brownies!!! We loved having both of you and are so happy you made the trip down. We love you both...and all :)

Lynda/Mom said...

Wow! Two posts from the weekend. So glad you could come. I did't know Charlie was in tears over the heavy equipment. He looks pretty cute in the digger.

Grammyzanne said...

You're not old until you remember 78 records - and listened to them.

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

Glad you had a good time and it looks like we need to converge at Summit again.

Andrea said...

Beautiful :)