Sunday, October 3, 2010

Mum's Mums

My beloved family and myself took the familiar trek down to Summit to spend conference weekend with my parents. I love watching conference in Summit and did lots of sitting around and eating and sleeping and shirking my responsibilities as a parent. It was fantastic. I'll tell you more about it later, but right now, I've got more important things to focus on.


Flowers.

Last year (it WAS last year, wasn't it?) my parents landscaped their front yard in Summit and this year my mom has spent a great deal of her summer beautifying said yard. At this point, it looks more like a park than some one's front yard.


She's got all kinds of veggies and flowers growing...


but the best part is the mums.


She spent all week planting these mums.
I love fall mums, don't you?


I mean, I seriously LOVE mums.
Time well spent, Mother.
Time. Well. Spent.



4 comments:

Grammyzanne said...

Tis beautiful indeed. What a lovely place to spend some time. Good job Lynda. And thanks for sharing Laura.

Barbara said...

I agree--I've been trying to get Lynda to post, but she said "I'll let Laura do it for me." :) Glad you did. It is truly spectacular!!

Robinson Family said...

Good work Aunt Lynda! It's so fun for your family to have a place to go for the weekend and relax.

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

That is some amazing improvement! I love the mums and the lines, and the rock patio! Wow!