Thursday, January 15, 2009

Dinosaurus

Uncle Cam came through like a champ and scored some free tickets to the Walking with the Dinosaurs show. He was planning on using them to take his own child, but since Ben usually needs to go to bed around 5:30 these days, and the show didn't start until 7:00, he passed the savings onto us. Thanks Cam!

Jane was desperate for her mommy to take her, so we decided to make it a GNO (plus Charlie, but babies don't count, right?) and invited Emily, Caitlin, Holly and Ella to walk with us with the dinosaurs. I'm SO glad that they could come, we had so much fun. Our tickets were a little off the beaten path, but it turned out ok because Jane was scared until she realized that she was so far away from the real life fake dinosaurs that there was no way they could get to her, even if they had wanted to. That and the tickets were free. Did I mention that we got free tickets?

My camera died before I thought to get any photos of the real life fake dinosaurs, but I mostly wanted them of the kids anyway...




The cute girls in all their glory Jane, Cait and Ella.



Ella must have sneaked away when I got this one. Oh, Thanks for the cute shirt, Jane is wearing it again today. I failed to honor my threats of getting a photo of Holly with the girls because she also had a matching shirt.

Jane wouldn't stop asking questions, it was cute at first. "What's that? What's that dinosaur's name? Why don't they like eachother? Why are those plants growing? What's behind that door? Where do the dinosaurs go? Why is that dinosaur so big? Why is that other dinosaur not big?" and on and on and on. The lady next to us left at intermission, hmmmmm. Anyway, as previously mentioned, we enjoyed ourselves. Hooray for dinosaurs.

4 comments:

Emily Call said...

We had so much fun. Thanks again!

Holly said...

It was so much fun! We really appreciate you thinking of us! Thanks!

Grammyzanne said...

Sounds like a great night.

Barbara said...

Looks like it was really fun. I've seen it advertised on TV and it looked like it would be quite exciting. I can understand Jane being a little scared. I'm glad she and her friends ultimately had fun.