Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Food That's Good to Eat

Fact: I'm no chef. I wish I were, but I'm not. I've been working pretty hard trying to teach myself how to cook, and cook well, but it's a kinda slow process for me. I DO have some really tasty recipes that my family loves and I made one of them tonight. I thought that I'd share it because it's so VERY easy and my entire family loves it, so here you are...



It doesn't make sense that you put these ingredients in a pan together and they come out tasting so very delicious, but they do. I also don't know if this was a Lawrence recipe... Mom?

Anyway, it requires very little prep work, inexpensive ingredients and very few dishes to clean, you let it sit on the stove for 45 minutes, giving you time to clean things up and get the table ready (if you happen to be that productive) while it cooks. It's also very flexible. If you like more sauce, add some chicken broth, if you like it a little spicy, add more pepper and chili powder, put as much chicken as you need in the pan. I try make extra so that we have leftovers, but we never actually do because even the girls down it and the pan always ends up empty.

I know that it doesn't do much good to take a photo of it because food rarely looks good on camera, but I thought I'd put one in here since it might help to know what it's supposed to look like.



It looks better in person.

Try it.
You won't regret it.
I promise.

4 comments:

Lynda/Mom said...

It does look good! I think this recipe came from Aunt Suzanne.

Grammyzanne said...

Looks good - maybe that's what we'll have for dinner tonight.

It does look like a recipe I use. The rice serving suggestion has been added. I love it with a thick slice of French bread. The recipe came from Aunt Bobbie Hanft - no relation just a very close Cowles family friend. Uncle Lucky and Aunt Bobbie have been part of our circle since before I can remember. Both have passed away - Aunt Bobbie this past January. BUT the have left wonderful memories and lots of warm fuzzies.

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

Too bad I already did my menu planning for this week. Maybe next time I plan I will refer back to this post. Your girls eat onion and peppers? Wow!

ginger said...

Thought I would let you know that I made this for dinner the other night from your recipe....it was delicious! Thanks for adding to my meals that my family loves!