Thursday, March 5, 2009

Eavesdropping




I hear random buttons being pressed on the phone and then...

"hi da-ddy. is me. i lu lou. i seepy. i take nap. i fine me melmo an me buddy. i lie me buddy. me buddy, me buddy, me buddy, me buddy, me..."*

I take a picture and leave her to have her imaginary conversation with her daddy. 20 minutes later I hear a phone off the hook. I know it was 20 minutes because the timer on phone had been running the entire time. Oops.

While I'm downstairs hanging up the phone and starting this post, I wonder what Lizzy is doing, but it doesn't take long to find out.



She comes downstairs to show me the pretty drawing she made on her pants and then tries to eat an unpeeled orange... with a spoon.

I LOVE toddlers.
And stain stick.



p.s. - her buddy is the nemo purse. we still can't figure out why she calls it her buddy.

*translation: "Hi Daddy. It's me. I love you. I'm sleepy. I take nap. I find my Elmo and my Buddy. I like my Buddy. My Buddy, my Buddy, my Buddy, my Buddy."

2 comments:

Lynda/Mom said...

Absolutely hilarious! Made my day.

Austin's Mommy said...

So cute. I love the pretty picture. Next thing you now she'll be calling "daddy" at 911. It's happened before. Good times. I love it.