Friday, March 20, 2009

I'm Just Sayin

My mom told me that she would be able to tell when I was finally back on my feet because I would post on my blog. Well, I'm happy to report that after catching the flu from my children and subsiquently developing a sinus infection and (probably) bronchitis, I'm back on my feet, in the most literal sense.

Brent was able to keep the pesky flu at bay for a while since he wasn't around the rest of us as much, but it finally got the better of him and he is also now fighting his own sinus infection. Today is his day off work. My mom and I took Charlie, dropped Jane off at school and left Brent and Lizzy at home to nap. I thought it was nice of us since I didn't get to nap when I was sick, until my mom came to save me.
(For more information, see the preceding post.)

Brent napped.
This is what Lizzy did while Brent was napping...











Today, one of the very few days that I leave Brent in charge, is when this happens. It is possible that Lizzy could have opened an entire vat of Boudreaux’s Butt Paste and smeared it all over herself and everything in her room on my watch. It is possible, but for some reason, she's never done it. I'm just sayin....

I'm not certain that we'll ever get this mess completely cleaned up. I intend to contact the Butt Paste people and inform them that while their paste obviously "goes on easily," the "cleans off" part is a little misleading. In the meantime, the entire second story of my home has a very "pleasant scent."

Thank you for that, Lizzy.



I would like to thank Brent for so thoroughly documenting this event AND cleaning most of it up, which has allowed me to enjoy it even more. This is one for the Stringham family history book.

13 comments:

Danielle said...

That looks...disgusting. Ew.

Lynda/Mom said...

And I'm just sayin', Well done, Lizzy girl. I saw that Butt Paste in her room and almost removed it more than once over the past few days. Once I knew she could uncap a childproof bottle of cough syrup, I knew her potential was unlimited. Sorry I didn't act on my instict.

Lilit said...

all I can say I am glad we don't have butt paste in our house!
what is it for anyway.... :)
I am so sorry Laura, what a mess!

Austin's Mommy said...

Oh dear! Mike's sister's tales of similar mishap (but maybe worse - with boys - if you can imagine) always start out with "their dad was watching them..." It seems the term "watching" is used rather loosely.

ginger said...

Yuck-a-muck. Atleast he mostly cleaned it up, that puts him a step above my husbands "babysitting" capabilities.

Sandy Brunson said...

Oh that is fantastic! And pretty disgusting all at the same time. I am also glad to see it is well documented for all the rest of us to enjoy.

Barbara said...

What an incredible child!!! I wondered what was smeared all over in the photos--it kind of looked like mud. I guess that would be easier to clean than the lovely butt paste. Hopefully Brent has learned a thing or two from this.

MaryAnn said...

That is so funny!

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

My mom's favorite story of Matt at that age involved vaseline and him replying "I'm just painting" when my mom asked him what he was doing. Seems Lizzy and Matt have the same idea of mediums to use as paint. Yuck.

Kriss said...

That's even worse than Abbie and Jane's baby powder incident! So sorry, that stuff is a bugger to clean up.

Grammyzanne said...

I have my own story to tell and this one ocurred on my "watch." I learned that silence, when it comes to young children, is NEVER golden. Jenny was about 2 when I realized I hadn't heard her in quite awhile. I walked into her room to discover she had very liberally spread a one-use-from-new one pound jar of A&D Ointment from her hair to her toes - including her dress. Fortunately she only got herself and her dress. The dress I threw out. That's impressive because we were in grad school and diligently practiced reuse, recycle, or do without. We spent a long time trying to get the ointment out of her hair. I don't remember now if it was Tide or Head and Shoulders that finally got rid of the greasy hair. To this day I'm a bit wary when children are too quiet.

Emily Call said...

OH NO! I am trying really hard not to laugh right now. Caitlin once got into some really thick baby sun block and got it all over. What a mess to clean up. I am SOOOO sorry.

Jana Sohm said...

Oh dear....