Friday, May 8, 2009

Coming up for air

It's been a long week. I signed up for one of those boutiques on Monday and had to be ready by Thursday, and since I had almost sold out at my last show, which is awesome, I had a lot of work to do.

For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, allow me to explain. These shows are really popular around here. Usually what happens is a woman or group of them get together and invite lots and lots of vendors to come sell their goods. There are hats and baby things and clothes and food and art and jewelry and home decor and craft stuff and on and on, TONS of stuff. They get in touch with a real estate agent who has a home they want to sell and then for a couple of days, all of us vendors set up in the home, hawk our wares and make a couple of bucks. It's weird. I know. I've entered some sort of Utah women's subculture and I'm not entirely comfortable with it, but I keep getting invited and I keep making money, so I keep going with it.

Anyway... It's been a long week. I was telling my mom that I had originally thought that every time I sign up for one of these things, it just so happens to be at the worst possible time, the kids are sick or the house is torn up or it's just a rough week or all of the above. Now, I'm realizing that it has nothing to do with me picking bad weeks, my life is just always that hectic and when I throw in another variable, it pushes me over the edge.

So here I am, scrambling to put my house in order today so that we can make a mess of it this weekend when we start working on the kitchen again and I have another show next weekend, so all my spare time for next week will be taken up by barrette making, again.

I wanted to post a couple of photos that I've taken this week though, so here you go...

This one made me laugh



Courtesy of Jane



Charlie is cute and this is as happy as he's been for me all week. Poor baby just hasn't been himself



Jane putting on her lipgloss or "makeup" and she always refers to it. She keeps it in her back pack and today on the way to school she said...

"Mom, look at me"
"What's different, Jane?"
"I put on my makeup. Today I decided to wear to Hello Kitty makeup. I usually like to wear my Hanna Montana makeup, but sometimes I like to do things a little different."

She never ceases to amaze me. Or scare me. Ya, scared is a better description of the way she makes me feel. For the record, I am very anti-Hanna Montana. She only has the purple shimmery chap stick because we were in Target and she found it at the dollar spot and then I had to listen to

"Mom, can I have this, can I have this please? I really need this make up. Please can I have this, Mom? Please? I need it!"

Over and over and over again until I succumbed to the request just because I couldn't tune her out any longer.

And I don't have any photos of my darling Lizzy. I can't get over how much I love Lizzy. I'm sure I'll have something to post about her soon enough.

So there you have it. Now I've got to go pick up Charlie who has been crying for about a half an hour in his room. And I thought I might get a nap today, what was I thinking?

5 comments:

Sheri said...

...and this is why I love you...You always seem to make my day. My life is crazy too, but having a kindred spirit like you makes it all somehow easier to bear.

Lynda/Mom said...

For the record, it's "hawk" like the bird. Cute pics. Sorry you never get a break. I used to think I could make it happen, but I don't believe I can really help much any more.

Kathy said...

You are doing great! You are not alone in your boat. I understand completely. Your creations are beautiful!

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

Good luck with your crazyness...at least you are creative enough to find a way to make money as a stay-at-home mom. I love that!

L F said...

Hey woman I love the keys Jane put on the key holder. Your kids are darling.