Sunday, May 31, 2009

one extra long weekend + me with a camera = the following post

On Thursday, Brent and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary. Ya, we're getting old like that. So in honor of the day (or rather in honor of not wanting to work), Brent took Thursday off and I got to go here:



with him:



It's been a while since I went to the temple, please don't ask how long, I'm too embarrassed to admit it. The Draper temple is so pretty to me. They have the best couches there in the whole world. I had to stop in the hall and sit in one just because I couldn't resist and I got a prolonged, confused look from one of the temple workers. I'm not sure why since it WAS a couch and it WAS just sitting there at the top of the stairs looking all nice and cushy and inviting, begging me to sit on it. That's what couches are for, right?

Friday we worked in the yard and then we worked in the yard and after that we worked in the yard some more. Then we went to Leslie's house for Chinese Chicken Salad (best recipe ever, I haven't had in at least 10 years) and went out for icecream for dessert. Jane got to go to a Hawaii birthday part that afternoon and has been sporting the take-home attire ever since.



She got sick of me for some reason and decided that my punishment would be to NOT look at and/or pose for the camera:



I think it was harder on her than on me.

On Saturday I recall an early morning bike ride for Brent followed by two moves and yes, more working in the yard. After that is when our weekend really started getting good. Cameroon invited us all to head over to the lake at Daybreak and enjoy an evening of live music, rootbeer from the the bottle and pulled pork sandwiches, and I was all too happy to oblige. My family didn't have a choice, but I think they liked it too.



Charlie was there, in all his glory.



Lizzy was there with her customary crusty face.



Brent is always a champ with this kind of stuff. Did I mention that I've been married to him for SEVEN YEARS? Sorry, I know that in real life it isn't all that long, it's just been a long, hard, good seven years.



This picture reminds me that I need to
A) stop wearing flip flops every single day and
B) get a pedicure.



Ben was having so much fun, he didn't want to leave. I love Ben. He's my special little buddy. I like to think that he remembers all those months that he spent at my house and he loves me for it.

No?

I'm going to think so anyway.





These are for Cam. If I had set the scene (and was an actual photographer that took decent photos) he could use these for their website. Seriously though, how pretty is this setting?

Which brings us to today. Absolutely gorgeous.





Charlie went flying.



Lizzy became embarrassed when Jane pointed out her soggy diaper. She then sheepishly made her way inside and stripped off said diaper, climbed up the stairs, scaled the changing table by herself and waited for me to come change her. And yet, she won't use a toilet. Can you tell that I'm very anxious to get on with that?

I know she's not ready because of a certain incident that occurred yesterday involving sprinklers, small children, a swimming suit, NO swim diaper, a serious mess, some gagging and hosing off in the back yard. Nope, I don't think she's ready yet.

This week is going to be hard. After a long weekend last weekend and an extra long weekend this time, I don't think anyone wants to see Brent leave for work in the morning. Back to the real world, I suppose.



(p.s.) Cam - did I get enough Daybreak links in there for you? I tried very hard. I've got your back like that.

10 comments:

Lynda/Mom said...

Nice to have you back! I think Lizzy is ready for the potty, but then I'm not there all the time to check it out. Cute post; cute photos; cute kids.

Leslie said...

Ben wins for crustiest face. And the picture of Jane with her back to you kills me. Harsh punishment indeed.

Cameron said...

Thanks for the props!! Nice work, really.
But seriously? Have you ever seen a cooler place to live in the whole wide world? Why would ANYONE want to live in ugly old suburbia when they could live in the D-O Bizzle with a 65 acre lake and over 22 miles of walking trails, timeless architecture that's really fun to look at, and coming soon shops and restaurants right in the hood?
BUT.. what you really need to do is get the blog pin posted on your bliggety blog. It's at www.daybreakutah.com/themix. Then click on "For Groupies" when you get there. You can also join the Daybreak facey page (do a search for it). THAT...would be really cool.

Thanks though, I do appreciate your contribution to my cause.

Grammyzanne said...

Sounds like a great weekend with wonderful visual documentation.

MaryAnn said...

Looks like you all had fun! And, if I were to move to Utah, I would want to live in Day Break.

Justin said...

wow, sounds like you had a great, but busy weekend.

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

I am sold, next time I come to Utah I guess I need to insist on staying at Aunt Lynda's (if she would still let us). Sounds like a wonderful weekend. Temple, lake, cute kids, oh wait...the poop incident I hope happened earlier in the week. I hate potty training, put it off until she is 5

Janet said...

I always love reading your posts--the kids are so cute, the dialogue so clever--what better combination could you ask for?

Jana Sohm said...

Sounds like my day... yardwork, yardwork, and more yardwork. Gotta love those petunias!

Austin's Mommy said...

Good stuff. Your kids are adorable. I have a friend that reads your blog just because you are so funny. Hope you don't mind. And I have to admit, even though we don't live there, we do make occasion to visit Daybreak to see the beautiful architecture and walk around the lake...