Wednesday, October 21, 2009

at my house today...

Everyone, with the possible exception of Lizzy, is sick. My kids are tired and whiny and clingy and so am I. I imagine that if Brent were home, he would be too. He stopped answering his phone at work mid-afternoon. I think he's avoiding my complaining. I've spent the past several hours teetering and tottering between loving that my kids want me to hold them and cuddle with them and wanting to drug them and put them to bed so that I don't have to.



As previously hinted to, Lizzy seems to be comparatively healthy. I'm not sure if she really is or if she's just not bugged by being sick, but whatever. She's my helper in training. She was feeding Charlie mac & cheese complete with choo! choo! noises. What a pro.



Jane has spent most of her day curled up on the floor in a blanket watching whatever was on tv, including HGTV. I took the opportunity to introduce her to Candice Olson, design goddess. Never too young to start brain washing them, right?

And now the day is coming to an end and even though we're all still wearing pajamas and our hair is a mess and we've all done our fair share of crying, it's been ok. As a mom, it feels good to get through days like today. It's empowering to imagine things being as miserable as they can get and then facing the misery and making it through relatively unscathed. And Brent just called to tell me that he's coming home a little early. Life is hard, but life is good.

5 comments:

Emily Call said...

Hang in there! Days like that are no fun.

Lynda/Mom said...

Good job of getting through the day! Now, brace for tomorrow.

MaryAnn said...

Sickness is no fun. Hang in there!

Grammyzanne said...

I think it was Elder Packer who said something to the effect we should enjoy the bad days - they make the good days seem so much better. Somehow that doesn't always help. But day one is down, PJs are comfortable, Lizzy does a great job of feeding Charlie and tomorrow is another day.

Grammyzanne said...

PS sorry so many are sick at once and hope you all feel much better soon.