Thursday, January 14, 2010

The inversion makes me hate everything

This week has been lousy. Its lousyness undoubtedly has more to do with my attitude about the week than it has to do with the actual lousyness of the week itself. I've got a bad attitude and as I like to say too often, attitude is everything. I believe I once mentioned in a post (wherein I shared WAY too much personal information about myself... sorry) that I'm prone intense moods. When my brain chemistry is feeling something, I tell you, it really commits. I wish that it would take me into consideration before it throws me into a depressive episode, but thus far, I'm just along for the ride.


Anyway, winter doesn't really help my cause, especially winter in the Salt Lake Valley where we get these miserable inversions. I know you all know about the inversions, and this is hardly breaking news. You all live in my neighborhood or within short driving distance of my neighborhood or have lived within short driving distance of my house at one point or another. So I'm sure that you've noticed how there are days when you can't even see the mountains from my house. I kept wanting to take a photo for dramatic effect, but being depressed makes me lazy, so here's one I found on the internet.


Can you believe that we live underneath that? Ew.

The gray days do get really old after a month or so, ruining my seasonally affected mood and building up to a really long, really lousy week. But suddenly, today, the sun came out, in the most literal sense.

The temperature warmed up and the sun therapeutically beat down on me. I opened the blinds and just sat there for a good long while and stared at it.

My eyes hurt a little now.

As I was snapping out of my funk, I started to realize that Lizzy was sad because Jane and her friend weren't letting her play with them. I was a middle child too, it can be a lonely place at times, so in an effort to cheer both of us up, I took her outside to play in the snow together. She was looking so cute and I need to make up for all the bed head photos I posted of her, so I broke out the camera.





Ok, that photo really puts me in a good mood.


4 comments:

Lynda/Mom said...

Thanks for sharing!

Danielle said...

Lizzy is beautiful. I hate the inversion. It has left me with a nasty sinus infection which in turn leads to very few hours of sleep. Humph.

Leslie said...

I HATE this weather. January is a drag.

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

Those are some really cute pictures of Lizzy. She has such pretty eyes and I like the red fence as a background. Artsy.