Saturday, January 9, 2010

A little piece of Chas

When I found out I was pregnant with Charlie, I knew right away that he was going to be a boy. I'd felt it coming. I'm 3 for 3 in guessing the genders of my unborn children. What can I say? It's a gift. And obviously, I knew that things were going to be different with a boy around. I anticipated that he would be bigger, rougher, have a greater interest in cars and drums and throwing things down the stairs than Barbies and ponies and dancing, and I was right. What I didn't anticipate was that my boy would be the whiniest, neediest, most demanding child out of the three. Seriously, he is so high maintenance. And his scream puts the girls' to shame.


I took this video the other day when the kids found my Sonic drink. One straw giving them access to the sweet nectar hidden beneath and three greedy children always makes for a good fight. Charlie's defensive move? He who makes the most noise, drinks the most drink.


He also screams that way any time he wants something, anything at all really. We ("we" consisting of not only Brent and I, but also the girls and pretty much anyone in the room when he gets going) just run around trying to figure out what he wants so we can make him stop. We are all very well trained. He screams that way when we put him in bed, when he wakes up, when we take something away from him, when we don't get him his food fast enough or sometimes, just for the fun of it.

Here's one we took a couple of weeks ago. Not sure what his problem was. I think he was just in a bad mood.


Good times.

He makes up for it in other ways, which is lucky for him. He's also super cuddly and loves loves loves kisses and stuffed animals (he sleeps hugging a teddy bear every night, how cute is that!) and he loves to laugh. He also has these looks that I love. Looks that make you wonder what mischief he's planning in his adorable little head...


Ya, looks like that. I love those looks.

4 comments:

Lynda/Mom said...

Make it "whiniest" and I'll buy it wholesale. He does have you all trained, and probably me too.

Laura Stringham said...

I even spelled checked it because it didn't look right!

Allison and Nathan said...

Hi Laura - I've been reading your blog. Super cute!

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

Yeah, a friend of mine just commented on how wonderful boys are because they aren't moody....I thought What is wrong with my son? HE is the moodiest of all my kids. The rest of us walk on eggshells trying to not disturp his mood. Seriously, I have caught myself thinking...I can't run that errand after school because Jeremiah will throw a fit about having to do something he doesn't want. We are well trained at this house too.