Monday, February 23, 2009

qubo

Does anyone else get the channel qubo? It has cartoons, or at least "kid shows" (as opposed to "adult shows") on all day and since I STILL have no cable or dish, Jane watches it a lot. Some of the shows are a little... strange, but mostly inoffensive. There have been times that I wanted to turn it off just out of principle because I thought the shows were stupid or a little disturbing, but I have restrained myself. The peace and quiet is far too valuable for me to be taking a moral stand against stupidity.

The only real complaint that I have about the station is that they are like, the masters of the 'as seen on tv' commercials. I swear that's all they show. It seems as though Jane is a sucker for the ingenius creations the 'as seen on tv' people come up with and she wants, nay, NEEDS it all. The other morning, she called me in to watch the Cash 4 Gold commercial. It was hilarious, she was totally mezmorized by it...
"mooooooooom (eyes glazed over) look at thaaaaaaat."

She likes the Cash 4 Gold one, but not the other one, I can't remember what it's called.

It's not just the kid things like the Bendaroos that she wants either. So far, she's begged me for...
Bumpits (yikes!),
a Snuggie (really, who doesn't want one?)
Shoes Under (it would clear out so much room in her closet!),
the Topsy Turvey tomato planter ("we could grow our OWN tomatoes!" - I'll admit that this one tempts me.)
Big City Sliders (seriously, how have we been making and cooking hamburgers up until this point? I just can't imagine life without it.)

And these are just to name a few.

She'd pretty much be happy to take anything they advertise. I'm not sure if the marketers with the 'as seen on tv' industry were aware of how captivating their commercials are to 4-year-olds, but someone should probably inform them of this untapped market.

5 comments:

Emily Call said...

ha ha. I totally want a "snuggie".

Leslie said...

I saw the toppsy turvy tomato thing on tv last night. I want one too.

Brooke and Dustin Jackson said...

few things...

1. kennan has been wanting the toppsy turvy plant bulb for months now..it seems she and jane would get along fameously.

2.the snuggie was made for leslie

3. someone has to get it through to the infomercial man, that yelling the product perks is not making me want to dial and buy any time soon.

Danielle said...

When my sister and I were little we drove our mom crazy begging for the "Topsy Tail" -its like a crochet hook for your pony tail. She eventually got it for us. I can't say that I am better off for it. Don't give in!!!!

Lynda/Mom said...

Hilarious!! If it weren't a little scarey. I once made my parents buy a sub-par sewing machine I saw advertised someplace. It was so-so, and probably not worth the money. I will buy some of that stuff which is advertised, but not from TV. If I can't find it in a store, too bad.