Saturday, October 17, 2009

Allow me to introduce you to Brent's family

Yes, it's true. Brent has a family. A large one. It's hard for them to squeeze themselves onto the blog because we see them very little compared to the amount of time we spend with my family. And by "my family" I mean Leslie and her kids.

It's a little tricky getting the Stringham family together since there are a total of 6 kids and 21 grandkids, I think. Brent's parents always seem to be out and about babysitting grandkids, going to dance recitals, flag football games, soccer games, birthday parties, holding girls' night out and on and on. They are definitely devoted and busy grandparents. They've been getting together once a month for a full blown family home evening and last Monday we were invited to their friends' farm to pick pumpkins and cornstalks. I was all over that like white on rice since you know how I feel about pumpkin patches.

First, my kids all looking very much like themselves...



Charlie, a little dazed and confused and ready for bed.



Lizzy, a little awkward and anti social and looking like a ragamuffin.



Jane, being silly and putting on a show for anyone that will watch. She fell in love with a pumpkin.



Brent's mom, Grammy. All the kids love their Grammy.



Brent's sister and her family. Excuse me, one of Brent's sisters and her family, there ARE 5 of them.



Melissa and Jane. We love Melissa. She's an awesome babysitter and an awesome ballerina and Jane idolizes her. We all think they look alike too so I wanted to get a picture of them together.



Sister, Shelli (in true Shelli form) and Brent's dad. Brent looks just like his dad only a little watered down and (a lot) less tall. We have actually had people come to us and say that "they saw a man looking like Brent, only older at a McDonald's close to our house and it was so weird." If you have a similar experience, yes, that would be Brent's dad.



Shelli's son, Ethan. He's a football player, can you tell?



Almost all the kids. We were missing about 4. I love Taylor sticking up in the back. He has a counterpart, Spencer, but he was one of the missing ones.



Lexi is growing up too fast for me. I use her age to judge how old I am. This is what she looked like at my wedding reception...



Jessica, Lexi and Melissa, I'm old. Make it stop!



It was getting dark, but I wanted a photo of me at the pumpkin patch and as usual, Jane was more than willing to strike a pose with me.

Needless to say, it was a fun evening and now we have lots of corn stalk debris in the van and a very festive doorway:

6 comments:

Lynda/Mom said...

I love it! It's about time you featured Brent's family. They are awesome.

Emily Call said...

How fun! I love going to the Pumpkin Patch. Your door looks great and very festive!

Sandy Brunson said...

I love a festive fall doorway.

Lilit said...

okay that is a huge pumpkin farm!!! I so want to go to one and pick out a couple of pumpkins for us to carve and/or to decorate our doorway.
Seriously, love those pumpkins!!!

Lynda/Mom said...

What happened to your door numbers?

Jason&Shannon said...

Looks like a nice, fun day with a bunch of relatives. Very good looking family.