Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Over the Weekend...

A box of Cheerios must have exploded in our kitchen.



This is what happens in our house when our two year old is left alone for more than 5 minutes. When I saw the mess, I had to laugh since I recalled that a few minutes earlier, Lizzy yelled up the stairs...

"i making a messy!!!!"

I'll be responding promptly next time.


In other news, Lizzy was attacked by a Fruit Roll-up.



I'll be really glad when the people at the Fruit Roll-up factory stop putting dye all over their fruity, chewy, mouthwateringly delicious product and then encouraging small children to lick them. I suppose that the easy way avoid this would be to just not buy the Fruit Roll-ups in the first place. I didn't used to, until I started couponing and since then I can get them for so stinking cheap that I can't help myself. Instead of paying with traditional currency, I pay for them indirectly via soap, water and laundry detergent.

7 comments:

Lynda/Mom said...

Very clever post! Don't know where you get your energy, birthday girl!

Holly said...

Ha ha, so funny. This looks very similar to the birthday gift Lily gave me. Different cereal, same scattered look. However, she wasn't so kind to warn me about it.

Kathy said...

Your posts are always very fun to read. You are such a good mom! I would have yelled at my kids for that mess. Way to show patience!!!

Laura Stringham said...

for the record, i wasn't the one who actually cleaned up the cheerios. brent came upon the mess first and in true overreacting-brent-form, yelled so loud that i thought she had gotten into the cabinets and tossed all our glass dishes onto the floor.

it's easy to laugh about when i just get to look at the photos he took.

MaryAnn said...

Pretty funny - since it was at your house and not mine!

Leslie said...

If it had been Ben the cheerios would have been completely pulverized by him jumping on them after dumping them on the floor.

Emily Call said...

I love it. So dang funny!