Thursday, March 20, 2008

Jane lives in a musical



You know how in musicals people just randomly break into song and it could be any song about anything and the words are just kind of made up to fit whatever situation they find themselves in? Well, this is how Jane lives her life. She just makes up songs all day long. Sometimes it's hilarious and sometimes it's just annoying.
I was typing an email this morning and she was harassing me to put a dress on her dumb Polly Pocket princess thing. (Side note- I can't stand those things! Only little girls like them and they aren't skilled enough to get the clothes on them, so they sit around and beg you to do it. Then they take the clothes off because off course, it's night time and they require a change, and bug you to put the night time clothes on. GRRRRR) She brings the dumb Ariel doll to me and I start going off on how much I disdain those dolls and the dresses and I'm only putting on one dress and then I'm done and on and on. Jane says: "I know mom, it's just ok and you need to just relax and not be angry at me." How guilty did I feel? Then she broke into song. I wish I had the recording for you. "I know, I know, and it's ok mom. You don't need be sad because she just needs her purple dress. and it's ok...." Sing the words to yourself in any random notes that come to mind, that's pretty much how her songs sound.
She busts me up.